What wax for my scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaycraft

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this site and also new to the world of scroll sawing, having recently purchased my first scroll saw.
I am in need of a little advice.

What is the best paste wax I can get to treat the scroll saw table and does anyone know where I can get some in the uk?

Regards

jay

Hi Jay
i am also new to this ....so your question is one i was about to ask lol

where are you in Gloucester, I am in Brockworth

Dave :O)

I think any wax that doesn't contain silicon is ok, the silicon reacts with wood finishes, so it's not advised.

Gary

Hi Jay. The best wax for a scroll saw table is Liberon lubricating wax. You shake the tin, pour a little on and work it in the table, leave for a few minutes and then buff it up with a dry cloth. Its what I and many other use. It also protects the table from rust and the work slides real easy. The wood wax 22 is a was polish for wood and not recommended for scroll saw tables. Hope this helps.

Wax for rust proofing cast iron tables and other tools.

The above is a thread in General, and also mentions Chippygeoff's advice

Gary

Hi All

Thanks for your helpful replies which i will gratefully use to purchase the wax recommended. Looking forward to scrolling out a few patterns when time permits>

Regards

Jay

Hi Dave

I am in Highnam.

I've had some good replies form my question yesterday. I'm probably going to go with Liberon lubricating wax from Axminster tools which seems the popular choice.

Happy scrolling

Jay

Back