scroll aw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi bak again after a 2 year lay off, and am now sruggling to find scroll saw blades in the UK,Hegner, Axminster ,Yandles, Hobbies are all out of stock, i can get niqua blades from Germany and Poland, flying dutchman from mikes workshop in the states and Niqua from bearwood in Canada, any other suggestion please

thanks
john

Wow, I didn’t realise there was a national shortage of blades. I’ve found in the past (it may have changed now) that the stores you’ve listed were amongst the dearest outlets around.

Personally speaking, I wouldn’t touch Flying Dutchman blades with a barge pole. I’ve purchased some sets from Mike in the past and they never seemed as sharp or durable as other makes.

I tend to stick with Olson blades and tend to bulk buy from the Wooden Teddy Bear All Blades

They are a good price and arrive very quickly to me in Germany.

hi Thanks for the reply, never looked at wooden teddy bear, they also sell fd blades, so disnt look at the site, I have always used fd blades, and found them really good, there was a company in Germany I dealt with before so will try and find them again

thanks
john

hi bak again after a 2 year lay off, and am now sruggling to find scroll saw blades in the UK,Hegner, Axminster ,Yandles, Hobbies are all out of stock, i can get niqua blades from Germany and Poland, flying dutchman from mikes workshop in the states and Niqua from bearwood in Canada, any other suggestion please

thanks
john
With Hegner UK the website is usually incorrect and most items that are out of stock are actually available. It's best to give them a call. If you search their site and find what you need then just quote the part number.
Hope this helps

With Hegner UK the website is usually incorrect and most items that are out of stock are actually available. It's best to give them a call. If you search their site and find what you need then just quote the part number.
Hope this helps
thanks, whats the point of having a web site with duff info on, makes people go to other suppliers, in effect loosing bussines
John

thanks, whats the point of having a web site with duff info on, makes people go to other suppliers, in effect loosing bussines
John
Hello John, They're apparently working on a new improved site to solve these problems. The staff are always very helpful and I'm sure they're fed up of it too.
Hopefully fingers crossed its sorted soon.
I know from experience that most of my old customers usually ask me first about part supply rather than Hegners website 😂

Hello John, They're apparently working on a new improved site to solve these problems. The staff are always very helpful and I'm sure they're fed up of it too.
Hopefully fingers crossed its sorted soon.
I know from experience that most of my old customers usually ask me first about part supply rather than Hegners website 😂
are you the gentleman I bought my saw off last week

John

Yes that's me, hope you are well John and enjoying the saw
not got round to doing much work on the saw, really like it, snapped the blade that was in, cutting oak, silly really should have put a new blae in, its to make a plant stand for a bonsai tree, well at least I have not lost touch with you.
john

not got round to doing much work on the saw, really like it, snapped the blade that was in, cutting oak, silly really should have put a new blae in, its to make a plant stand for a bonsai tree, well at least I have not lost touch with you.
john
Aye it's good to keep in touch, any tech help or advice is here if you need it.
Regards
Carl

Personally speaking, I wouldn’t touch Flying Dutchman blades with a barge pole. I’ve purchased some sets from Mike in the past and they never seemed as sharp or durable as other makes.
I had the same problem with these a few years ago, everyone I tried snapped near the clamp very soon after I started to saw. Perhaps they had a bad batch?

I remember that our scrolling friends across the pond had trouble with blades breaking, I can't remember which brands were affected, if memory serves, they were returning them for new ones. I think that a bad batch of steel was the cause.

I remember that our scrolling friends across the pond had trouble with blades breaking, I can't remember which brands were affected, if memory serves, they were returning them for new ones. I think that a bad batch of steel was the cause.
Bad batches do indeed exist. New doesn't always guarantee nothing these days.

thanks, got to the saw tonight, cut out a small reindeer, took nearly hour and a half and 3 snapped blades, going to order some #3 reverse tooth blades tonight

John
Glad you are getting back into things

Back