Flying Dutchman blades woe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrimper

Established Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I bought some Flying Dutchman blades after many people said how great they were. However as soon as I tried them they kept snapping where they enter the blade holder.

Today I thought I would give them another go, What a waste of time, they have not improved with age Lol! Every single one I tried snapped after a few minutes and always by the blade holder.

Now I know that some here will say it's me not using them properly but if that's the case how come I don't have this trouble with other brands?

I normally use the Niqua brand from Hobbies which rarely break, I have even got some original Hobbies made blades from my late grandfathers shed that are over 100years old and these still work fine.

Has anyone else had problems with FD blades? Did I receive a dud batch?

There was a problem a while ago, it being a bad batch, mainly across the big pond with the quality of the Dutchman blades just as you're describing, I think that they were returning them for blades from a newer batch.

Back