What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul hd":2ulnsu6w said:
Jmac80":2ulnsu6w said:
MattDenny":2ulnsu6w said:
Festool CTL Midi vacuum with the accessories kit - been wanting one of these for a long time and finally bit the bullet.
Even SWMBO thinks it's a good idea - health reasons and all that... :D

Regards
Matt

Hi Matt
Did you get £50 of it?
A new voucher is just coming out for £50 of Festool vacs!
Maybe you could talk to your retailer or if that fails return it and get another?

The voucher is valid from the 13th November until the 13th December 2015. The voucher is redeemable on any Festool Dust Extractor (excluding the new CLT-SYS dust extractor). "
May I ask how you get this voucher?
Cheers

Hello Paul
Sorry I can't help.
Jmac80, could you point Paul in the right direction?

Regards
Matt

A new Jet drum sander (16-32) was delivered yesterday. I'm not a fan of sanding of any sort, but I have to admit this is going to make a few things quite a bit easier.

A BCA jig borer:

B707ACBE-18DD-477F-A42C-8BC1C95E8AC5-9323-000018E9AC9AB5C6.jpg

Sorry it's not woodworking related, but it is going in the workshop :) . If it helps, there's a Marples 043 in the background :D

Hi guys sorry for the late reply.

I guess keep an eye on sites like FFX they usually have the voucher on their frontage as part of promotion.
I should imagine it will appear around the 13th.

cheers

Ordered some more festool goodness today :lol:

Festool BHC 18 Li 5.2 Cordless SDS+ Hammer Drill 18V (5.2Ah)

506019_xl.jpg

&

Festool DRC 18/4 Li 5.2 QuaDrill Cordless Drill Driver SET 18V (5.2Ah)

zoom_bs_drc184li52set_564584_p_01a.jpg

:lol:

DTR":i76c5806 said:
A BCA jig borer:
Well, that's solved a small mystery for me. Many years ago, bought what was (now) obviously the spindle and carrier for one of those, intending to use it as a milling spindle, but somehow the round tuit never appeared and it went off, still unrecognised to another home a few years later.

DTR":v92tslid said:
A BCA jig borer:

Sorry it's not woodworking related, but it is going in the workshop :) . If it helps, there's a Marples 043 in the background :D
Ooooh! That's a nice bit of kit.

I popped into my local second-hand engineering tools store today got some milling cutters today, 1" depth 60° double angle cutter, 1⅝" face mill, 2" face mill, and had to restrain myself from buying a fly cutter the size of my arm (no joke, a 16" long body swinging a 12" stellite tool about 3"×3" in cross-section) more as an interesting ornament than as something I'd ever use. Apparently it's been in stock for 17 years and they'd cut me a mean deal on it though... And I do like getting a good deal.

Jelly":hbp5k4bs said:
... had to restrain myself from buying a fly cutter the size of my arm (no joke, a 16" long body swinging a 12" stellite tool about 3"×3" in cross-section) more as an interesting ornament than as something I'd ever use. Apparently it's been in stock for 17 years and they'd cut me a mean deal on it though... And I do like getting a good deal.

:shock:
In all seriousness, I'm surprised anyone would use a flycutter that big. Unless the machine was in perfect tram, the cut would probably be fairly concave.

Good haul though 8)

Hi jelly

We would all love to believe you but sadly this is the Internet and people tell fibs! :lol:

So next time your passing, a picture or it didn't happen! :lol:

On another note I am just arranging my milling machines collection, what have I done! #-o #-o

Adidat

Got the Lidl chisels, Japanese saw and cheap and nasty drill bits.

Don't feel as good after seeing all this Festool stuff. Got a couple of £50 off vouchers for dust extractors so I might get their cheapest vacuum and use it in the house instead of the Vax we have now (useless).

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Jmac80":1i6ph1mu said:
Hi guys sorry for the late reply.

I guess keep an eye on sites like FFX they usually have the voucher on their frontage as part of promotion.
I should imagine it will appear around the 13th.

cheers
No problem, thanks for the heads up. Just got a voucher through the door today from Axminster.

DTR":2afudlxs said:
:shock:
In all seriousness, I'm surprised anyone would use a flycutter that big. Unless the machine was in perfect tram, the cut would probably be fairly concave.

By the size of it it's clearly not for a "normal" milling machine, but for the massive gantry or tower type multi-axis mills of which the districts of Atlas and Brightside in Sheffield probably have the vast majority of the examples in the UK. When moving from one face to another on your workpiece can take a few days and a team of men, the time taken to accurately tram your Machine is likely to be the least of your worries.

5metrewideplatemill.jpg

This is the kind of thing I'm on about, Davy Markham's Machine Shop in Brightside, across the road from the even bigger North Machine Shop at Forgemasters International (who have grown to occupy the entirety of Atlas).

I suspect whoever originally had it has long since moved to indexable tools of similarly gargantuan size...

adidat:
I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to go in again, as they're generally only open when I'm at work... but I will try to get a photo as it's unlikely to go anywhere in a hurry, and I do need to pop in and have a good search through their racking for R8 Taper endmill holders to accomodate 1" and 1½" shanks, and an R8 Taper 1" Arbor.

I've not received this yet, but I bought this off fleabay a couple of days ago.

A little TLC and she'll be all nice again and ready to help me destroy good pieces of wood.

Jonny

Attachments

• IMG_4655.PNG
    IMG_4655.PNG
    157.2 KB · Views: 103
More goodies ordered :eek:

Festool PSBC 420 Li Cordless Jigsaw 18V

Festool HKC 55 EB Li-Basic Cordless Circular Saw

Fine Tooth Saw Blade 160mm x 1.8 x 20 x 32T for HKC55

Chip Collection Bag For TSC55 and HKC55

Carvex ZH-SYS-PS 400 - 497709 accessories kit

Jmac80":35alslyj said:
More goodies ordered :eek:

Festool PSBC 420 Li Cordless Jigsaw 18V

Festool HKC 55 EB Li-Basic Cordless Circular Saw

Fine Tooth Saw Blade 160mm x 1.8 x 20 x 32T for HKC55

Chip Collection Bag For TSC55 and HKC55

Carvex ZH-SYS-PS 400 - 497709 accessories kit

Will we be reading in the news about a guy called James, who is wanted for a bank robbery!

Nice!!!!

Jonny

Back