What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just bought a plasma cutter, wanted one for ages. now need to settle down and get some jobs finished.

Wildman":hztlskfh said:
I have just bought a plasma cutter, wanted one for ages. now need to settle down and get some jobs finished.

wow nice one.
This will definitely require pics!
Did you buy new or second hand, how big is it?

Does 'what tool did you make today' count ?
I bought some 6mm pine dowel but it was oval and oversize, I drilled a 6mm hole in a piece of steel to make a dowel plate and 'extruded' the offending item through it, spot on.

Magnetic Chuck for recently acquired Grinder...

Mag-Chuck.jpg

It's a tad big, with 4" more length than travel on the bed of the Grinder, but I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Attachments

• Mag-Chuck.jpg
    Mag-Chuck.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 136
Yes, as soon as it's dirty you're in with a chance. I knew a guy who owned nine black motorbikes (in different places) and his missus thought he had one. :D
I haven't the luxury of trying that, though. Swmbo's my bank manager.

Doing my level best to not run over the road to Cromwell and Pro Trade in Derby :lol:
I dropped my expenses in for the past 6 weeks and given it was mostly mileage, I reckon there is a slim chance I could get a Domino for no reason :lol:
Might settle with an Incra 12" pro T measure...

Festool CTL Midi vacuum with the accessories kit - been wanting one of these for a long time and finally bit the bullet.
Even SWMBO thinks it's a good idea - health reasons and all that... :D

Regards
Matt

Nothing special - a springbow compass and pair of dividers (Faithfull I think).

I got a proper bollocking for borrowing my daughters from her school geometry set and getting Cascamite all over them!!

MattDenny":rkh08tic said:
Festool CTL Midi vacuum with the accessories kit - been wanting one of these for a long time and finally bit the bullet.

Regards
Matt

Hi Matt
Did you get £50 of it?
A new voucher is just coming out for £50 of Festool vacs!
Maybe you could talk to your retailer or if that fails return it and get another?

The voucher is valid from the 13th November until the 13th December 2015. The voucher is redeemable on any Festool Dust Extractor (excluding the new CLT-SYS dust extractor). "

6' spirit level, discovered on Friday evening, mine was bent!!!!!
Couldn't get my margins on some fitted cupboard doors right....

Jmac80":2yjtr4sy said:
MattDenny":2yjtr4sy said:

Regards
Matt

Hi Matt
Did you get £50 of it?
Maybe you could talk to your retailer or if that fails return it and get another?

The voucher is valid from the 13th November until the 13th December 2015. The voucher is redeemable on any Festool Dust Extractor (excluding the new CLT-SYS dust extractor). "
May I ask how you get this voucher?
Cheers

The tracksaw arrived today. I wasn't home for delivery but my SWMBO was, although she didn't open the package. I got home around 7pm and she was in the kitchen when I opened the box.

Her exact words when I opened it. Nobody will believe this but scouts honour it's true:

"Ohhhhhh, Festool, thats awesome love".

She's a keeper, no?

PS. She's had a go with the rotex, vac etc before and was impressed, so she's familiar with the brand.

Jmac80":3pfppar6 said:
MattDenny":3pfppar6 said:

Regards
Matt

Hi Matt
Did you get £50 of it?

Hello Jmac80
I live in France and unfortunately the offer you speak of doesn't seem to exist here... worse luck for me but never mind.
Thanks for the tip anyway
Regards
Matt

Latest posts

Back