what Hover ? Bosch Gas25

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramers

Established Member
Reaction score
i have promised my lungs a cleaner workshop my hover has just broke so i need a new one. i am looking at the Bosch gas25 we use them at college and they are really good, any thoughts on what i should get or do you know where i can get a bosch gas25 for less than £189.99?

thanks

Why pay that amount for a hoover :shock: Just because they use them at college doesn't mean they are the best.
Of the Hoovers I have used in the workshop the best I have found is a (No No No Not festool) Henry, cheap from your local supermarket of electrical dealers. High power vacuum and it wont cost a fortune. after all its only picking up the rubbish

Bean

Or if Lidls are doing them again, I got my one for £29.99 with a power take off ( with a plug soket on it, if that was not clear) :)

bramers":1fecc5hg said:
do you know where i can get a bosch gas25 for less than £189.99?

Axminster are doing them for £174.95 at the moment
http://www.axminster.co.uk/src/2006_wk7b/recno/5/product-Bosch-GAS-25-Extractor-22143.htm

I presume that you want to use it for extraction and therefore want the dual start facility? If not then i'd probably take Beans advice and just get a cheap model. If you do want dual start then the Makita models are well worth a look as well.

-----------
Simon

I also use a Henry. It was second hand when I got it and I've used it for a few years without any problems.

If you decide to go for one with a socket for power tools, note that many routers are now 2000 watts but some vacuums are designed for lower power tools.

Paul

Why not the performance power (B&Q) like the one phily reviewed. Alot less money, good reviews so far and that gives you £130 towards a nice Veritas BU Jack :wink:

Andy

I have used a £30 Earlex for the past three years and it has been great for clearing the decks. However when it comes to attaching it to my power tools I haven't bothered so yesterday I decided to amend this health risk. I bought a wall mounted extractor from Charnwoods, this is the link http://www.charnwood.net/ProductDesc.js ... ckref=W695
I have bought all the different sized fitting and an extra length of expensive hose after reading that the hose that comes with it is flimsy. Another reason for buying it is that the dealer said it was quiet, unlike my Earlex which sounds like a 747 taking off. It should be here today so I'll post pics and write a little review for it.

Phil

i need one with a power take of and i want one that is quiet, my old one was so loud i had to use ear muphs when hovering the floor, i hear what some of you are saying but i want one that will last years and years, you buy cheap and you get cheap:- design, efficiancy, features and it most likely doesent filter the air as good.

im not ruling out a cheap one but i want a clean workshop and a clean set of lungs.

thaks for the ideas :-k

Latest posts

Back