What did you do in your workshop today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitted two 5 foot Fluorescent light fittings, and isolated the workshop supply from the house circuit board. (Well actually, I handed the 'Sparky' his tools!) :mrgreen:

Busy building boxes for a trade show display. 17 in total needed of varying dimensions, some with inserts, some without. Not particularly interesting work, but its work and it's wood (ish), so its a start.

Just wish I wasn't being forced to use B&Q softwood ply...its dire.

Heres the first one, for what its worth. Won't be winning any guild marks...lol

Attachments

• IMG-20160810-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20160810-WA0006.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 116
Packed up lots of tools ready for my workshop move sat on my bench and reflected on 30 years of woodworking ranging from tiny light pulls to 10 foot high pillars and staircases to back garden gates and church fonts oh dear did it give me the blues!

Storage for my router bits, a dispenser box for my rubber gloves and a failed attempt at some temporary dust extraction on my mitre saw!

Gave it a tidy as doubles as outhouse so every surface had something on that has a home elsewhere, tidied the wire for the fluorescent light I fitted the other week (just into normal plug) so it is not hanging anywhere, cleaned the sink so it is now clean (well no soil, sand or bits in it) but still got decades of paint on it, and looked at the poor scrollsaw that aint been used for months just sitting there...

Worked on my Sedgwick planer/thicknesser. Freed the table adjusting screw of rust; caused by a flood from the water cistern. Unbeknownst to me, when house was built, the overflow had been routed into the garage. On Monday I run the machine up for the first time since the mini-disaster.

With my fingers crossed very firmly! [-o<
John

Sharpened a few plane irons, made a lot of wood shavings practicing with my new plane, then finally completed some components of my bench (a labour of love) as a result. Happy days!

Finished the finish on something for number one daughter.
Then fixed an air leak on one of the compressors :evil:

Painted the floor. Looks much better nowadays and easier to keep clean:
28502985460_68c62225db_b.jpg

Had to paint it in parts and move all the tools to one side and then to the other after one side had dried. Can says it'll take a few weeks to get to full strength. It's just some 1-comp polyurethane/alkyd based paint.

Almost pooped my pants as my last bandsaw blade snapped. My 1/4" blade snapped several months ago, been relying solely on this 1/2" one now.

Now that's a smart looking floor !!! Should make sweeping much easier :cool:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Finished lining the shed with OSB and gave it its first coat of white emulsion. I am now very caucasian.

DennisCA":3g4z6wdt said:
Almost pooped my pants as my last bandsaw blade snapped. My 1/4" blade snapped several months ago, been relying solely on this 1/2" one now.
Out of sheer desperation* I welded a snapped bandsaw blade for my metal saw back together today. 100% expected it to fail in a catastrophic fashion...it only bleedin' worked! This was a factory supplied one, must get some made up by Ian once I figure out the sizes.

*by desperation I mean tightness, I actually had a spare, somewhere.

Wuffles":2ito3myo said:
DennisCA":2ito3myo said:
Out of sheer desperation* I welded a snapped bandsaw blade for my metal saw back together today. 100% expected it to fail in a catastrophic fashion...it only bleedin' worked! This was a factory supplied one, must get some made up by Ian once I figure out the sizes.

How long do blades last for people anyway. I bought the 1/2" one in dec 2014. Should I be satisfied with the lifespan I got out of it? It's been used regularly and was resharpened once (diy jig using a dremel). Before it snapped the thing made "thunk thunk" noises, thought it was the saw.

Both tuffsaws blades. I usually order from them even though I am in Finland since 175" long blades aren't common stuff.

Great to get back in the shop :) after a couple of weeks not being in there. Geez how many spiders have made it home :shock:
Made the gate for our multi bin store, now i'll have to wait for a bit of fine :roll: to fit it.

d260f5bf0cbf47198454e0d027bc933d.jpg

Got shed door swinging. Then had a power cut. I got stocked up on cider just incase it was out for a while. Electrics back on now, so ive started reducing stock :p

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wuffles":1yyfe3ba said:
DennisCA":1yyfe3ba said:

Ian can get you the right size just with the bandsaw details.
Malcolm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back