What did you do in your workshop today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ColeyS1":1prrzx4x said:
d260f5bf0cbf47198454e0d027bc933d.jpg

Got shed door swinging. Then had a power cut. I got stocked up on cider just incase it was out for a while. Electrics back on now, so ive started reducing stock :p

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Very nice job Coley

Prepared a few new boxes and have blanks ready for a few more. All need finishing and flocking yet.
Preparing boxes 1.jpg
THis from yesterday

Preparing boxes 2.jpg
This five by 6-30 today. Three with secret draws and the larger one with a false base compartment.

...........................knackered!!!

Malcolm

Attachments

• Preparing boxes 1.jpg
    Preparing boxes 1.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Preparing boxes 2.jpg
    Preparing boxes 2.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 252
Spent all afternoon planing, checking for square, then planing some more...

I'm in the process of building my first workbench.

Can't see the garage floor for wood shavings, and I'm pretty certain I'm going to have an almighty blister on my thumb from the plane handle!

Stared at the new bench makings under a tarp outside the back door in torrential rain. For HOURS. Fudge's sakes. Who ordered this weather?

Grawschbags":2baybc5n said:
Spent all afternoon planing, checking for square, then planing some more...

I'm in the process of building my first workbench.

Can't see the garage floor for wood shavings, and I'm pretty certain I'm going to have an almighty blister on my thumb from the plane handle!
No one said it was gonna be easy [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] sounds like a good start !

Coley

Nearly finished my router sled for thicknessing timber. Made it mainly because of the cost of buying a dedicated one also this jig is much easier to store..........Dom

image.jpeg

Just need to see if I can adapt it to use it to joint boards aswell

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 232
Opened the door, saw the mess and shut it again. Went to the footy this afternoon and saw my team play really well and lose unluckily. Walked home and it started bucketing down half way. Today was not a good day.

Tomorrow, i shall have a good tidy up and clear out, ready to start a new order on Monday morning and all will be right with the world again.

DennisCA":2xqo7yf3 said:
Painted the floor. Looks much better nowadays and easier to keep clean:
28502985460_68c62225db_b.jpg

Had to paint it in parts and move all the tools to one side and then to the other after one side had dried. Can says it'll take a few weeks to get to full strength. It's just some 1-comp polyurethane/alkyd based paint.

Very very nice floor! mirin..
Painted mine as well at start of summer, best decision I ever made, no more damn concrete dust all the time and could do about the same size floor as you have for under 15euros.

Had taken a very long free-time for a couple of months to enjoy the summer,
today finished making a couple Flowerboxes for strawberries , 3m long each, couldn't move them by myself when finished due to weight of all the timber in them :D

1.JPG

3.JPG

I made an apple. First time I've managed to get one that actually does look like an apple (it was a pallet spacer block)

100_6430.jpg

... and a toffee-apple. :-D

100_6433.jpg

owsnap":1fj03xxx said:
DennisCA":1fj03xxx said:
Painted the floor. Looks much better nowadays and easier to keep clean:
28502985460_68c62225db_b.jpg

Had to paint it in parts and move all the tools to one side and then to the other after one side had dried. Can says it'll take a few weeks to get to full strength. It's just some 1-comp polyurethane/alkyd based paint.

Very very nice floor! mirin..
Painted mine as well at start of summer, best decision I ever made, no more damn concrete dust all the time and could do about the same size floor as you have for under 15euros.

Nice would love to paint my home shop floor but being in the cellar i expect it would last as well as the walls & be bubbling & peeling in 3 months.

NazNomad":1fj03xxx said:
I made an apple. First time I've managed to get one that actually does look like an apple (it was a pallet spacer block)

100_6430.jpg

... and a toffee-apple. :-D

100_6433.jpg

those are awesome, i want a toffee apple now.

bookmatched some long bits of cherry & cross laminated it into a 2 ply cherry sheet, will be going in to a 22" bass drum mould tomorrow whilst i press another layer.

Attachments

• IMG_5432.JPG
    IMG_5432.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5431.JPG
    IMG_5431.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 153
Finishing the gravel paths up to and around the workshop. The heat was brutal and i'm jiggered.

Usual story, flattening the back of a solid oak pot rack a lady friend bought secondhand to go over her cooker without even asking me if it could be done - but it was 4 sided with the same cornicing top and bottom; apparently it was previously hung over an island from the ceiling, oh and not even remotely flat or square hence the jig at the end (after cutting away most of it) to ensure 90 deg flat for mounting on her wall. Considering this was apparently a "nearly £500 item new" I'm really surprised at how bad the joints are - every mitre is open, and don't look as it they were ever closed to begin with, as there's the orginal finish inside.

Dragged home some junk, an old compressor that the seller said didn't work. The motor works however and it's a 2.2kw 920RPM motor. I figured for that alone it was worth 30 euros he wanted.

Took three people to lift it into the little Yaris that could. To get it out again since I was on my own, I had to remove the motor and take it out in parts:
29182897835_6268fce096_b.jpg

It's modern enough that it has a pressure switch, older machines would just run constantly in "park" mode, but when the pressure dropped below a set level it'd would switch into gear and start feeding pressure. This one just stops and starts because it's only a 2.2kw model. The older models that run constantly were usually 7.5kw monsters and could cause blown fuses or dimmed lights every time they started up.

29104581581_00dc25c7fc_b.jpg

Instructions on usage:
28560861264_ac3e090fa7_b.jpg

28560839904_aa4ec4fc76_b.jpg

29149301166_a16c8f1090_b.jpg

Says United States Of America on the block:
29149307896_e58b1f7410_b.jpg

Now to figure out what's wrong with it. If I can't fix it, I think maybe the motor can go on my bandsaw, since the current motor is too fast for it. And the tank can be hooked to my current compressor in a serial fashion. If it's not rusted inside.

Spent some time practicing hand cut joinery this afternoon and knocked out a little spice rack from scraps lying around the shop. Pine and teak in this instance finished in Danish oil.

Spice rack looks superb ! Nice use of smaller bits of wood [WINKING FACE]

Coley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back