What are these metal pins called (Dissasembling my Kity 636 for restoration)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams93

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So I am in the process of taking my kity 636 to bits to restore it. I am trying to remove the outfeed table, however to remove the bolts holding it on, I must dissasemble the swing up mechanism to allow room for the bolts passage.

To take the main pin out of the swing mechanism I need to remove two of these small cylindrical hollow pins. Does anyone happen to know their names such that I can look them up as to how to remove!

Many Thanks,

Sam

Photos here, the bit in question is what I’m pointing the screwdriver at

Attachments

• B92A4B30-EC51-45A9-A69B-7A61EF5F57D1.jpeg
    B92A4B30-EC51-45A9-A69B-7A61EF5F57D1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • F6A2D125-ED8E-4D68-9B42-58DC80ABF0DD.jpeg
    F6A2D125-ED8E-4D68-9B42-58DC80ABF0DD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 97BE4D1E-7917-403F-B2C1-AE74AA37746A.jpeg
    97BE4D1E-7917-403F-B2C1-AE74AA37746A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 36B3768F-F9B6-40B9-B7A1-FA28954A1798.jpeg
    36B3768F-F9B6-40B9-B7A1-FA28954A1798.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I don't have a machine in front of me, but if you've removed the bolts on the opposite side of the bridge piece that holds the inclined way bars, can't you then tilt the bridge piece enough to withdraw it complete with the remaining captive bolts? I guess you've tried this, though. Just checking.

I usually drift out roll pins with a punch, but you need access to the 'back', or space to drive it out to. They just tap in to reinstall.

Annoyingly I can't tilt the bridge piece sufficiently as the threaded rods for the thicknesser table protrude too far out the top to allow the other side of the bridge to be lifted from its position.
I don't have a machine in front of me, but if you've removed the bolts on the opposite side of the bridge piece that holds the inclined way bars, can't you then tilt the bridge piece enough to withdraw it complete with the remaining captive bolts? I guess you've tried this, though. Just checking.

I usually drift out roll pins with a punch, but you need access to the 'back', or space to drive it out to. They just tap in to reinstall.

Annoyingly I can't tilt the bridge piece sufficiently as the threaded rods for the thicknesser table protrude too far out the top to allow the other side of the bridge to be lifted from its position.
What sort of punch do you use?

often pin punches are not upto it.....
I have a tin of odd concrete nails just in case......
need to remove some from my Hitachi router....modifying it for a router lift.....

Buy the punch set. When you have mashed the end of the pin with a nail that then chews the alloy casting up you will wish you had.

Latest posts

Back