What a great album............

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say, everyone on here has excellent musical taste. Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, Queen, Deep Purple, even Miles Davis... All stuff i'm into 8) I wonder if there is some correlation between enjoying woodwork and appreciating good music :shock:

Rich, I'd happily listen to Nat King Cole. Apparently he was a 40 a day man, which made his voice sound so good.

Oooh ... interesting. :D

Favorite artist: easy.
Favorite album: Not so much....

Either: Greenday - dookie ...

Or

Blink182 - Enema of the State.

Then again, Metallica - The Black Album also deserves a wee slot in my memory banks..... :? :lol:

Escudo says,
''Hmmm,..."Kinda Blue" by Miles Davis (1959) arguably the most influential jazz album of all time, certainly the biggest selling.

Kinda not sure you can dismiss this? ''

Hmm not really dismissing it, but is the kind of thing that to me is 'nice music' definitely great nice music but it does not grab you (me) by the throat and bludgeon you round the ear'oles. I have always liked music with passion and fire. have a go at Lift To The Scaffold by Miles, a soundtrack to a sleezy french movie late fifties, a much better take on that sound.

I can also reccomend Gorecki's Symphony of Sorrowful songs; the most apalling tune ever written, apalling in the true sense of the word, Cello and Soprano, written (I think) in response to his familf being murderd in the 1940's in poland. bottle of wine and a pack of Kleenex.

Davin, you old Pot head. Loved that stuff in my youth, might even buy a Hawkwind album for workshop sounds. Aint it reat that Lemmy has become a cultural icon in his old age.

Chunko'.

Guess my favourite of all time is probably Berlin by Lou Reed. Loads of others, far too many to list.

Can't believe it - nobody's mentioned Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band or Strange Days by the Doors! These were so much part of my life in 1967 that I've absorbed them into my DNA.

There was a time when this was my favourite album
MahavishnuOrchestraBirdsOfFirealbumcover.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Fire

God, don't you think you're cool when you're 16

Can't choose just one, but 3 is easy

From the Cradle - Eric Clapton
S&M - Metallica
The Final Cut - Pink Floyd

I've worked on this for a few weeks now, I seriously can'r come up with any answer on an all time favourite.

I've managed to get the list down to this )in no particular order):

OK Computer - Radiohead
Scatology - Coil
He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms - A Silver Mount Zion (God Speed you Black Emperor)
OperettAmorale - Massimo & Pierce of Black Sun Productions
Momentary Lapse of Reason - Pink Floyd
White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground

Rich, I had no idea there'd be another fan of those two. When I was a kid I was the president of the neighborhood Slim Whitman fan club. :lol:

On the contrary, it strikes me that we're rather a merry bunch.

As for being 'ageing' and 'old'... well, it's preferable to not ageing. Cemeteries are full of people who tried that option.

Gill

Latest posts

Back