Handley Page Victor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittyhawk

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the early B.1 variant, my personal favorite as it doesn't have all the extra bits and pieces to wings and tail section of the later versions.
No one asked me for it, I built it just out of admiration for the aircraft that I have had since my youth so I will keep the model for a while until I tire of it and then I will dispose of it. Ordinarily I will research the aeroplane builds a little bit but this was not the case with the Victor. Its the shape that I love and I don't want research to uncover any negatives - rather like looking at a passing pretty girl. You prefer not to know what lurks beneath that attractive exterior.
And with the pretty girl analogy in mind I find the aircraft evocative of Diana Dors, the full bodied well rounded blondie of the same era.
Probably a bit bonkers but that's who it reminds me of.
20230707_114740.jpg

20230707_114901.jpg

20230707_114938.jpg

20230707_115339.jpg

This is the early B.1 variant, my personal favorite as it doesn't have all the extra bits and pieces to wings and tail section of the later versions.
No one asked me for it, I built it just out of admiration for the aircraft that I have had since my youth so I will keep the model for a while until I tire of it and then I will dispose of it. Ordinarily I will research the aeroplane builds a little bit but this was not the case with the Victor. Its the shape that I love and I don't want research to uncover any negatives - rather like looking at a passing pretty girl. You prefer not to know what lurks beneath that attractive exterior.
And with the pretty girl analogy in mind I find the aircraft evocative of Diana Dors, the full bodied well rounded blondie of the same era.
Probably a bit bonkers but that's who it reminds me of.
View attachment 162143

View attachment 162145
View attachment 162146
View attachment 162147

Superb! And as ever, you really have captured that shape - and WHAT a shape it was for the 1950's!

Back