What a good idea !!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did i mention the Legacy ?

What you drive a Subaru too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Yeah I agree I nee something for the pillar drill, sander and fret saw so this could be a good option.

Gary

yes I have seen that before somewhere.. shopnotes?

Something i'd try i think

Don't those slow speed / water trough grinders spark ? My grinder sparks like no ones business which is (one reason) why it never sees much use. Too much dust and shavings everywhere to risk ignition. I'm hoping to do some rearranging in the workshop soon part of which might be moving the grinder into a separate room away from the combustibles. Other than that and the sneaky feeling that the rotating top would forever be rotating away from me as I tried to use something it's a nice idea :)
Cheers Mike

I don't know a lazy susan for the turn table and a couple of dowels or even speed clamps to locate it for each machine would work .

This is the very same one thats in one of the Time Life books 'Woodsmith Custom Woodworking, The Small Shop' with the materials list and step by step instructions.

Martin

The pic is from Shopnotes #35

sn350.jpg

sn35.jpg

JFC":1qfbo96e said:
I don't know a lazy susan for the turn table and a couple of dowels or even speed clamps to locate it for each machine would work .

Why? Please expand.

Gary

Do you think yo could get your spindle moulder on one of those Jason? :?

Scrit

Jason if you mounted the handle off the Legacy you could hand crank it round like a carousel :lol:

Do you think yo could get your spindle moulder on one of those Jason?
:lol:

Why? Please expand.

Not sure what you meen ? A lazy susan is a bearing guided turn table and the dowels would lock the turn table plate you make for it into place .

The thing that immediately occurs to me is.....what's going to happen to all the 'leccy cables? Could end up looking something like ribbons round a May Pole if you kept on spinning it, or how is the 'lectron connection to the mains made......or am I missing something? :? - Rob

JFC":2c5sj2gi said:
Do you think yo could get your spindle moulder on one of those Jason?
:lol:

Why? Please expand.

Not sure what you meen ? A lazy susan is a bearing guided turn table and the dowels would lock the turn table plate you make for it into place .

Not into the end like the photo or am I still missing something? :oops:

I was thinking more of the turntable part for the small machines on top of my already over crowded draw unit . So locating holes in the turn table into the draw unit when each machine comes to the front would work . Broom handle size . Then just plug in the machine you want to use .

I don't see the lazy susan is necessary, why not just put the cabinet on locking castors? there would be no problem then with the power supply. :)

woodbloke":9jkxzckm said:
The thing that immediately occurs to me is.....what's going to happen to all the 'leccy cables? Could end up looking something like ribbons round a May Pole if you kept on spinning it, or how is the 'lectron connection to the mains made......or am I missing something? :? - Rob

you could make a stop so that the carousel could only make one turn in each direction I guess?

I don't see the lazy susan is necessary, why not just put the cabinet on locking castors? there would be no problem then with the power supply.
In my case there is'nt room to move the cabinet around . If there was i wouldn't think a turn table was a good idea :roll:

JFC":fm9zgh7i said:
I was thinking more of the turntable part for the small machines........
So you are going to stick thr spindle and the Legacy on there! :wink:

Scrit

I like the idea also. And I think the turntable idea would work better than simply adding castors to the base if you're going to store all those power tools in the base below. Just think of the weight with all the stuff on top as well. And because of the shape and size, it may be more awkward to move than you may at first think.

I think I can see a hole in the centre of the top surface, which could, I guess, be used to keep lengths of cable out of the way. I could be wrong though and it could be where the pivot point is.

If all the tools are standard 13 amp, would one of these energy cubes hung above the lot not solve some of the problem?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=19836&name=energy+cube&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0

Back