Louvre Roof System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamonn

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the mechanism/hardware for a Louvre Roof System. I want one that retracts but also rotates each blind "blade".

For now, just getting a look at market mechanisms... just to see how the work properly. I have an idea but always better to build off established knowledge.

If one with both functions doesn't exists, separate functioning blinds will do for now.

I hop someone can point me in the right direction.

Image attached... but mine will have a slope to one side.

1708715577626.png

Can't speak for Eamonn but I don't think it would be so easy. We regularly have 100kph winds several times during the year and if it isn't designed and built properly it will be scattered across the prairie....probably towards the house first. 😱 Assembling a well designed kit wouldn't be much a challenge.

Pete

I'll follow along if you don't mind. I have never seen such an animal here much less a kit or parts to do your own.

Pete

Well dog gone there are lots. I have to get out more. They aren't all that expensive either. A search for them and slipping parts into the search yielded a number like these two.

https://louverkitdirect.com

https://www.awningsell.com/pergola-...terproof-louver-roof-system-kits-outdoor.html
Google changed since I was at college and I can't find anything anymore. Thanks.
Can't speak for Eamonn but I don't think it would be so easy. We regularly have 100kph winds several times during the year and if it isn't designed and built properly it will be scattered across the prairie....probably towards the house first. 😱 Assembling a well designed kit wouldn't be much a challenge.

Pete
Yeah, it would need to be heavy duty but I am also thinking of storm/bad weather over blind/shutter that can be pulled over/down the blade section.

A scaled up and horizontal version of the video below.

Back