Wet Saturday afternoon..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHJ":1xk02myf said:
Were you trying to Urn brownie points with SWMBO Andrew, or were you just Pottering.
To which came the reply:
oldsoke":1xk02myf said:
Chas, he needs encouragement not punishment....
Take heed, on-lookers. This is what comes of watching bits of wood go round, and round, and round, and round all day. Don't say you weren't warned... [-X :lol:

Nice piece, Andrew. Think you might have just identified a piece of wood for me too. :D

Cheers, Alf

Yew've only just twigged? I'm in good company and it's legal so we won't be bothered by the copse

Pity we don't have voice on here... I've been told that my voice has a nice timber :lol: :lol: :lol:

going forest now, it's sapping me strength...

Alf":qr607x0z said:
Take heed, on-lookers. This is what comes of watching bits of wood go round, and round, and round, and round all day. Don't say you weren't warned...
Cheers, Alf

What you mean, I spent all day Wednesday listening to a finely tuned Band whilst Sawing some stock. :shock: Music to my ears.

Don't get in a Lather Alf, it's a collective thing, turn to your 'spinny thing' bed and give your hand tools a rest, by the look of your Blog you may be needing to chuck something yourself before the collecting starts to take a hold again. :lol:

You need a rest Alf... toolouse is nice at this time of year... get away from all those chiseling grockles

Oak-ay,back in the workshop this morning :-

Picture123Small.jpg

Picture121Small.jpg

Conker (horse chestnut),285mm diameter,45mm high,oiled.

Andrew

And due to having a couple of days holiday to use up before the end of the month :-

Picture125Small.jpg

Picture126Small.jpg

Cedar of Lebanon (smells lovely when working it :D ) 155mm diameter,25mm high,waxed.

Andrew

Another nice piece Andrew.
Like the grain pattern.
Doesn't the Cedar get up your nose.
I haven't used it for a few years now but it used to have a terrible effect on me.
Paul.J.

Paul.J":yg1n9y09 said:
Doesn't the Cedar get up your nose.

No,to be honest,I quite enjoyed it - definitely one of those pieces that I get the urge to pick up and smell every time I walk past it (imbuya and tambooti have the same effect on me - do I need help ? :wink: )

Andrew

PowerTool":7u1sf5yz said:
No,to be honest,I quite enjoyed it - definitely one of those pieces that I get the urge to pick up and smell every time I walk past it (imbuya and tambooti have the same effect on me - do I need help ? :wink: )
Andrew

I can understand your pleasure Andrew, but please be careful, if your body decides it has had enough, the first you may know about it may be a very severe reaction.

Back