Wet Saturday afternoon..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been asked by my ex-wife if I can make a few small bowls for her pubs Christmas raffle (yes,I get paid for them as well..) so started this afternoon :-

Picture161Small.jpg

Picture164Small.jpg

Picture162Small.jpg

Beech,120mm diameter,50mm high,finished in foodsafe oil (so it can actually be used as a rice bowl,if the winner sees fit.)

Andrew

OK Andrew, lets see a matching set of six :twisted:

We regularly use Beech bowls for both serving and eating salads and the like, a quick swill in clean water or wipe with a moist cloth is all they need.
Just have to warn recipients of any that have left the scene to avoid using detergent on them which removes the oil.

Nice form Andrew, and as Chas. said let's see the other matching 5. :twisted:

You have given me an idea for the Beech I was cutting up the other day. I may have to make a set of salad bowls for 'er indoors. Get 'er off my back for a bit. :wink:

I was also thinking along these lines. Way to use up all the beech I have now. Be a new experience doing a load of things all the same.

Pete

PowerTool":njlqgz21 said:
Been asked by my ex-wife if I can make a few small bowls for her pubs Christmas raffle (yes,I get paid for them as well..) so started this afternoon :-

Picture161Small.jpg

Picture164Small.jpg

Picture162Small.jpg

Beech,120mm diameter,50mm high,finished in foodsafe oil (so it can actually be used as a rice bowl,if the winner sees fit.)

Andrew

Andrew , have you blacked the groove ? or is it my imagination ?

Nice bowl like the style a lot :lol: :wink:

Blackened? well..burnt,actually.. :lol:

Made a groove,then burnt it with a piece of wire (held safely between two wooden handles) held in the groove,and firm pressure applied briefly.

Andrew

Made a couple more this afternoon,while I've still got the small jaws on the chuck:-

Picture165Small.jpg

Picture166Small.jpg

Picture168Small.jpg

Olive ash,115mm diameter,60mm high,friction polish.

Picture169Small.jpg

Picture171Small.jpg

Picture172Small.jpg

Sycamore,130mm diameter,45mm high,friction polish.

Took some of my turnings over to my ex-wifes pub this morning,to go as raffle prizes;she thought they were too good for prizes and that I should sell them instead.So now have a display in the corner of the pub,and sold three already :D

Andrew

I'm with Graham on this one, it's great when people are willing to pay for your work. Great feeling! Keep up the good work.

Back