Westonbirt - Festival of the Tree

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white_sw

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to this ? I've never been, but will be visiting there on Friday 28th. I see from their guide that Classic Handtools have a sponsored
event there featuring Rob Cosman demonstrating hand plane use and sharpening along with handcut dovetails.

Sam

Probably not. There was a lot of stuff there that was of interest last year, but also a lot other stuff that was of no interest what so ever, plus SWIMBO went last year and was totally bored :roll:
Besides, need to do a bit of saving for me hols [-o< next month - Rob

Wifee and myself shall be there with motherinlaw this year.

It would be nice to meet others apart from Philly this year, (it is always nice to see you Philly). Don't be shy to approach us. I will be on crutches wearing a tan "Bubba gump" baseball cap. Wifee is slenderish with long black/dark brown hair. MIL, Little old gray haired woman.

It will be nice to see you again Paul. Long time no see.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

P.S. Will be there FRI, SAT, and maybe some of SUN.

I'm hoping to go at some point, although I haven't settled on a particular day yet... I think that, whichever day you choose, come 5 o' clock, that traffic's going to be heaving anyway (it was on the Friday last year :?). Really enjoyed it last year although I couldn't find the time to explore the area - must do that this year!! :D

I'll be there probably on either the saturday or sunday - i'll be the tall handsome charming bloke (if you can find me from that description i'll be most suprised ;) ) wandering arround with half a tonne of camera gear hoping to take some pics saleable to the woodworking press.

(if only to pay for all the wood and gubbins i'm likely to buy )

I'll be there as usual! There's tons of tree related stuff to see - the family had a great time (I hardly saw them all day!).
Do say hello and pop by my bench!
Cheers
Philly :D

I've been before and enjoyed it, particularly the masterclasses and the timber supplies although the latter can be a bit hit and miss depending on what they have and who beats you to it !

Should be there Saturday hopefully unless the weather is bad.

Must make an effort to go round some of the grounds as well this time, I've not managed that before despite meaning to.....

Cheers, Paul :D

Back