Wanted to make some dovetails so I bought a brace

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper Homminga

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I've gone mad.

I recently got some nice walnut and decided to turn it into a small side table with one drawer. Also I wanted to try and do this using handtools only. Ripping and planing went fine, so I started thinking about the drawer ...

Now, I have never been impressed with my vices when it comes to holding planks for dovetailing (too low & vibration). So I decided a "bench on a bench" with a double screw vice and a small assortment of Veritas bench dogs and wonderdogs was needed ...

Being metric I don't have an 3/4 inch (or even 19mm) drill, so I went looking for an older drill in that size on Marktplaats (dutch ebay). Found one but it was an old auger bit ... :roll:

So naturally I now needed a brace. Found one of those as well, problem solved. :p :p

Only haven't made any progress with the side table. ](*,)

Jasper :oops:

bugbear":2q4nugr4 said:
bought a saw vice, some files, some old saws, made some jigs, read some websites, coupla' saw sets
Good, happy to see I am in good company.
Thing is I forgot :)^o) to mention that I bought another set of auger bits to replace the missing ones from the first set. And this set just happened to come with two more braces. :whistle:

Jasper

Back