Wanted-Texturing Spiraling Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone on here suggested using the wheels from a wheel dresser, think it was Tam or Duncan. I'm sure they'll come back if it was.

Pete

Mornin' Dean. Cannot tell a lie :roll: , twas me, but it is not my idea, picked it up on the web. I bought a small box of spare wheels and washer for a wheel dresser, still have a couple of spare wheels if you want one. Just pay the postage. You'll have to manufacture a shaft and some type of bearing structure, plain bronze/brass works, and you can turn it on a wood lathe.

You can't use these for doing spiral work, just texturing as they are thin, but I have been looking about for a straight cut cog to try and make a spiralling tool.

Why? I don't know as I already have a set of the Sorby gear :lol:

Am away this week, but if you want a wheel, chuck a PM at me and I will sort it when I get back.

TEP":2wy89e7p said:
Mornin' Dean. Cannot tell a lie :roll: , twas me, but it is not my idea, picked it up on the web. I bought a small box of spare wheels and washer for a wheel dresser, still have a couple of spare wheels if you want one. Just pay the postage. You'll have to manufacture a shaft and some type of bearing structure, plain bronze/brass works, and you can turn it on a wood lathe.

You can't use these for doing spiral work, just texturing as they are thin, but I have been looking about for a straight cut cog to try and make a spiralling tool.

Why? I don't know as I already have a set of the Sorby gear :lol:

Am away this week, but if you want a wheel, chuck a PM at me and I will sort it when I get back.

Great!! :) I'll send you PM

Back