Want a laugh

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 20 5 year-old boys were excluded for sexual misconduct that means that 20+ 4/5 year-old girls suffered some sort of sexual abuse.

That's a laugh?

It is also often the case that very young children who act sexually inappropriately are themselves abused.

I knew I would liven you up with that one Smudger, but its the girls that wind up the poor boys, thats the problem. :)

That is an appalling statement, it is one step away from saying that rape victims get all they deserve. If you really believe that you want removing from society.

Do you often make nasty statements to 'liven people up'?

Hang on, where does the R word come into this.

Anyway can a five year old commit that?

It might only have been kissing.

I have a friend who was sexually abused when she was 8. It has scarred her for life. It doesn't matter whether the abuser was also 8 or 58, she has never, probably will never, get over it.

When kids are excluded it's because they have done something very seriously wrong. They are a PITA to the others in a class, the teachers who have to deal with them, and the rest of society who picks up the bill for their misdemeanors. Children's behaviour can scar adults for the rest of their life, too, not just that of their child victims. Have you ever been strangled by a 13-yr old DW? I have and I can assure it's not remotely amusing and anyone who thinks it is is either doesn't understand the problem or has a sick sense of humour.

I think many of us would like you to edit the title of this post. You've not done yourself any favours here, not in my eyes, anyway. I don't understand why you find it amusing to "liven" people up in this manner.

Yes, I would like a laugh, but this isn't one. What a pity we don't have an Ignore function.

Mental note to self - Don't Feed the Trolls.
S

To have been excluded, means "provable" delinquancy and it requires the compliance of all those PC woolly jumper types who constantly chant about "the rights of the child". Which child?

Secondly, what this does NOT show you is all the 'ones who got away' (with it). That is, those who were clever enough/intimidated others enough to avoid the heave-ho.

So, you are looking at a marked under-representation of the truth; the scale of trouble-makers is MUCH greater.

The existing system is heavily biased toward NOT dealing with troublemakers for fear of unspecified 'legal' action. It leaves good kids, who want to learn, at the mercy of bullies and sometimes sadistic ones at that. I repeat, "which child?"

I write as a teacher for 27 years, a pastoral leader for 16 years and the father of three teenagers. I've seen kids to Oxbridge and I've buried several - two dying at their own hands. I think that qualifies me to comment. Until some politician is prepared to take a stand and enact some proper "care" laws, rather than grovel for votes, we will continue to have the same appalling statistics and the same sham of "justice".

Hi

I can't help thinking that Mr Woody started this thread as a wind up, take no notice you'll only encourage him!

Chris

SammieQ":39pnj98o said:
To have been excluded, means "provable" delinquancy and it requires the compliance of all those PC woolly jumper types who constantly chant about "the rights of the child". Which child?

Secondly, what this does NOT show you is all the 'ones who got away' (with it). That is, those who were clever enough/intimidated others enough to avoid the heave-ho.

So, you are looking at a marked under-representation of the truth; the scale of trouble-makers is MUCH greater.

The existing system is heavily biased toward NOT dealing with troublemakers for fear of unspecified 'legal' action. It leaves good kids, who want to learn, at the mercy of bullies and sometimes sadistic ones at that. I repeat, "which child?"

I write as a teacher for 27 years, a pastoral leader for 16 years and the father of three teenagers. I've seen kids to Oxbridge and I've buried several - two dying at their own hands. I think that qualifies me to comment. Until some politician is prepared to take a stand and enact some proper "care" laws, rather than grovel for votes, we will continue to have the same appalling statistics and the same sham of "justice".

Well I'm sorry Sammie, your wasting your time on this forum with all the left wing do gooders, when I attended a SM school in the 60's as far as MY parents were concerned, once I left home in the morning and was at school, then the teachers were my "parents" for the day and were allowed to take appropriate action on disruptive pupils "not students" ,another lefty description of schoolchildren, in those days, the headmaster was exactly that, a headmaster, mine was a welshman with a VERY deep voice and you listened intently at assembly, he was also a JP and kids at my school respected him and actually liked him, but he would NOT stand for dissidence or disrespect of ANY teacher in that school, and if it means anything, that school gave me the greatest gift they could give anyone, the ability to teach myself, once I left at the age of 15, THAT is the teaching regime we need to return to.

Regards,

Rich.

Well I'm sorry Sammie, your wasting your time on this forum with all the left wing do gooders, when I attended a SM school in the 60's as far as MY parents were concerned, once I left home in the morning and was at school, then the teachers were my "parents" for the day and were allowed to take appropriate action on disruptive pupils "not students" ,another lefty description of schoolchildren, in those days, the headmaster was exactly that, a headmaster, mine was a welshman with a VERY deep voice and you listened intently at assembly, he was also a JP and kids at my school respected him and actually liked him, but he would NOT stand for dissidence or disrespect of ANY teacher in that school, and if it means anything, that school gave me the greatest gift they could give anyone, the ability to teach myself, once I left at the age of 15, THAT is the teaching regime we need to return to.

Regards,

Rich.[/quote] Well said Rich

Is it just me, or are utterly pointless threads like this the reason why this place seems to be going downhill???

Cheers

Karl

karl":22jhi18r said:
Is it just me, or are utterly pointless threads like this the reason why this place seems to be going downhill???

Cheers

Karl

What is POINTLESS about discussing a point of view? that's how we arrive at a decision on where one stands, it's healthy and good to hear others point of view and one may learn something and change ones mind after being "educated" always listen to others views before coming to a definitive decision, at 54 years of age I can still be taught things by folks younger than me.

Rich.

Rich":6qiq6shf said:
SammieQ":6qiq6shf said:

Regards,

Rich.

What does this ramble have to do with anything?
Other than being bloody rude and patronising to someone who knows more about the subject than you could if you studied for a hundred years.

But, of course, your 'opinion' far outweighs other people's professionalism and experience, doesn't it?

YOU are one of the main reasons people are leaving this forum. Think about that before you post drivel like this again.

Rich":m46gyyu5 said:
karl":m46gyyu5 said:

Cheers

Karl

What is POINTLESS about discussing a point of view? that's how we arrive at a decision on where one stands, it's healthy and good to hear others point of view and one may learn something and change ones mind after being "educated" always listen to others views before coming to a definitive decision, at 54 years of age I can still be taught things by folks younger than me.

Rich.

I've seen no evidence of you taking any notice at all of other people's points of view.

I do, that is the reason I have answered the posts, if you can't say anything constructive and polite, then I suggest you don't answer at all, this is a section for folks to air their opinion, okay, if you don't agree with mine fair enough, but please do NOT be derogatory. I am a member of this forum and as such am entitled to my view, if you have ANY evidence that members are leaving this forum because of my views, please present it to the mods and I will answer accordingly, otherwise, please contribute to the debates in an adult manner and stop getting so upset because others views don't agree with YOURS.

Rich.

karl":3pcupxsb said:

Cheers

Karl

](*,) :evil:

Rich":1fsb1gky said:
Well I'm sorry Sammie, your wasting your time on this forum with all the left wing do gooders,

Regards,

Rich.

For the love of God, it's you're. Well, we're sorry you think you're wasting your time here. You could always... well, you know...

Rich":8yb9pbnu said:
I do, that is the reason I have answered the posts, if you can't say anything constructive and polite, then I suggest you don't answer at all, this is a section for folks to air their opinion, okay, if you don't agree with mine fair enough, but please do NOT be derogatory. I am a member of this forum and as such am entitled to my view, if you have ANY evidence that members are leaving this forum because of my views, please present it to the mods and I will answer accordingly, otherwise, please contribute to the debates in an adult manner and stop getting so upset because others views don't agree with YOURS.

Rich.

Like calling someone else the village silly person?

Says everything about you, that little bit of blind unawareness...

MrJay":2vpbcoxr said:
Rich":2vpbcoxr said:
Well I'm sorry Sammie, your wasting your time on this forum with all the left wing do gooders,

Regards,

Rich.

For the love of God, it's you're :x :x :x Well, we're sorry you think you're wasting your time here. You could always... well, you know...

If you mean, go away, Mr Jay, I'm sorry that won't happen, I'm not a radical thinker, just practical, I'm not out to upset folks intentionally, but, JUST like yourself, I have an opinion.

Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back