Visiting the UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexB

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm visiting the UK in Mar/April and wondered if there is any way to find a listing of all the wood turning events, demonstrations, club meetings? I'm hoping to learn.
Conversely my wife is looking for any shop with yarn, anything to do with crochet and cross stitch. And as all married men know; if she is happy so am I! (after 33 years it works!!)

Thanks for any helpful suggestions
:D

Hello Rex :) Sadly I'm unable to help with any wood turning events, but your wife could always visit http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/ you shouldn't be too far from one of their stores depending where you stay. You'll find most towns will have at least one shop for the knitting enthusiast, but also look out for markets, both indoor and out. You'll find information on markets if you look on the web site of the City Council for the area you're planning to visit.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your stay :D

Look at the events sticky on this board. Most events there are held annually around the same time and a google search should find the 2015 dates.
MM

Hi Rex,

RexB":s2p7hgth said:
I'm visiting the UK in Mar/April and wondered if there is any way to find a listing of all the wood turning events, demonstrations, club meetings?

Have a look at this thread for Woodworking Event Dates. It will be updated over Christmas/New Year for 2015.

Early May would be a good time to visit, as the Tudor Rose woodturning show is on in Daventry.

Where are you going to be staying?

Also, I would recommend that you post your question in the Woodturning Forum.

Be aware that wool tends to be fairly expensive over here.

Neil

Seems odd to be answering the yarn question but I don't know a thing about turning. Anyway my friend blogs a lot of reviews of various wool shops.

I can't post links but googling for onemanchrochet will take you to his page.

Back