New woodworker near Bath

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDean

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all

I have spent the last year converting my garage into being a year round (hopefully) woodworkers workshop.

Have bought far too many tools and toys. Some still unused…..

I enjoy learning but sometimes it is a drag when it takes 2 days to work out why the table saw isn’t cutting straight! I have square eyes from watching so much YouTube. Sometimes it would be nice to discuss with other likeminded folk face to face!

I would be interested in meeting up with others within an hour of Radstock, Somerset for a cuppa and to swap stories and ideas. Happy to host as well. Maybe get a bit of a club going with semi-regular get togethers?

Let me know if there is any interest in this kind of thing. I tried the local men’s shed but wasn’t for me.

Thanks
BigDean.

Morning all

I have spent the last year converting my garage into being a year round (hopefully) woodworkers workshop.

Have bought far too many tools and toys. Some still unused…..

I enjoy learning but sometimes it is a drag when it takes 2 days to work out why the table saw isn’t cutting straight! I have square eyes from watching so much YouTube. Sometimes it would be nice to discuss with other likeminded folk face to face!

I would be interested in meeting up with others within an hour of Radstock, Somerset for a cuppa and to swap stories and ideas. Happy to host as well. Maybe get a bit of a club going with semi-regular get togethers?

Let me know if there is any interest in this kind of thing. I tried the local men’s shed but wasn’t for me.

Thanks
BigDean.
Welcome on board. I used to live in Radstock. I’m probably about an hour away, if you walk rather than drive, out in the wilds of Stoke St Michael now. Alas though I’m what is generally seen as a bit of a recluse so avoid social interaction fairly actively, beyond forums like this. I do interact if there is a specific reason, like attending an event with a specific topic but hide away from tea and chats 😀.

I’m a hand tools guy so can’t help out on table saw alignment but can probably show you why you don’t need one 😜

Back