Vernier calipers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My metric Moore & Wright dial vernier calipers have died on me - can anyone recommend a suitable replacement. I'm not precious about buying another pair of Moore & Wright.

Thanks,

Dave

I have the Axminster Verniercaliper and it is more than accurate enough for woodworking. Having said that I am seriously thinking about a getting a digitalset, as I sometimes struggle to read the scale of the Vernier...must be getting old :(

I have the Axminster digital calipers (about £20) and think they're fantastic.

Cheers

Karl

Ah I'm with you on this one George - I prefer the dial as my eye sight ain't as good as it used to be!

Thanks for all the replies - looks like Axminster has what I'm looking for.

Dave

After favourable posts on here, I bought a couple of pairs of the Aldi (or Lidl?, I can't remember or distinguish between the two) £7 'Powerfix' jobbies, and I was forced to eat my sceptical hat, with some humble pie for main course, as they are remarkably accurate. To all discernable purposes, they give the same reading as my vastly more expensive analogue Mitutoyo calipers.

Ditto that Jake, I got mine from Aldi, you can switch between metric and imperial and zero it anywhere along the scale, I am well pleased with mine and will get another when there in stock.
regards, Rich.

Back