Veritas Jack Rebate Plane or Veritas Skew Rabbet plane???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob":2hhxug1c said:
iNewbie":2hhxug1c said:
Please feel free to point to where anyone mentioned a confusion between tools and skill or promoting expensive tools as being needed to make fine furniture. Its not here! /it might be in your alternative universe, mind...
It happens all the time. A beginner comes on to ask what he should buy to do whatever it is and low and behold a tool seller (or a tool enthusiast who doesn't necessarily do a lot of woodwork) comes on with lots of "helpful" advice. I find it irritating and will carry on banging my drum! There is a lot of misinformation about.
Usually better to spend it on wood instead.

No examples. Figures...

The only thing that happens all the time is you regurgitating your somewhat bizarre Daily Mail like scare-mongering of how we're all being brainwashed by Chitty-chitty-bang-bang child-catcher type sharpening Guru's and of Posh-Novelty tools we don't need/want, etc etc etc. When you only need something basic and,..... bobs your uncle.

Next time someone asks you to build a staircase no doubt you'll be fillin 'em in with a tap-on-the-nose a word-to-the-wise and sending 'em off to B&Q for a Willy Wonka everlasting Aluminium ladder, instead... :mrgreen:

There is a lot of misinformation about.

Some you recently quoted about Quangsheng Planes being all the same for all sellers, eh? :roll:

iNewbie":ild5odyc said:
There is a lot of misinformation about.

Some you recently quoted about Quangsheng Planes being all the same for all sellers, eh? :roll:
I'm not sure about this one. On the face of it you pay a lot extra for some minor cosmetic details (if anything). It isn't clear from the various websites.
But then for some it's not about the tools, it's about the shopping! :lol:

Hi iNewbie,
The point you are trying to make would carry more weight if you were a little more measured and rational in your comments. One should always try to remember that personal abuse and rudeness rarely prevails.
Cheers,
John

forgot i posted this just come back to it thanks for all who gave usefull input :lol:
still havent brought ither might keep it it LN bring one out....

Latest posts

Back