Vacuum cleaners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Kym

On my Dyson I push one button to remove the dust colector, hold it over the bin and press the red button, the bottom swings open and everything falls out.

Pete

Another firm vote for Henry here. After years of suffering my wife's insistence on uprights (I hate the damn things - never could see the logic in pushing the whole machine to and fro) and trying several bagless types including Dyson we bought a Henry about 2 years ago and never looked back. Light, effective, great filtration, easy to empty, huge capacity for their size, spares easy to obtain (not that we've needed any) and best of all, cheap to buy!

A lot of people use Henrys, so here's a bit of useful information. If you have the one with the windable lead, if it ever breaks down, there's a good chance it's a terminal broken off. These terminals are easy to see, they bear on the brass rings of the winder mechanism, and unless they've changed recently were riveted - but the replacements are only a few quid, and they bolt in, so just drill the rivets out of the old ones.
boom boom!

If you have asthma buy a bagged vac, Henry is cheap and cheerfull .Numatic microfilter quiet MFQ are good - I bought one 17 years ago for my parents woodburners and chimneys. It came with a lab emmisions certificate BS3928 sodium chloride flame test, penetration of 0.0001% @ 0.45 MICRON. It acheived this with a £200 HEPA H14 bolted under the motor in a steel housing, so take domestic manufacturers filtration claims with a pinch of salt
Nilfisk are great vacs and don't need maintanace contracts - I bought a GM83 for work - its a panzer

Matt

Latest posts

Back