Vacuum attachments or dust bags

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony1987

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this question seems stupid but I have just set up a little workshop in my shed and the dust is annoying me. I have always worked on sites where the dust never seemed to be an issue. But working in my shed I have to close the doors to keep the neighbors happy. I have ordered a two stage air filter system I'm hoping this helps with fine particles. But my question is does attaching Sanders and a chopsaw to a vacuum work better than the dust bags alone? The makita belt sander seems very good with the bag alone the orbital sander seems to kick out a bit of dust though. Thanks for any replies

Without a doubt, sticking a vacuum cleaner nozzle in place of a dust bag will be a major improvement.

It all depends on the quality of the extraction on the tool itself. Some work well, some are next to useless

Sanders are pretty good for most brands.
Chop saws are usually pretty bad for most brands.

Cheers . Is there any chop saws you know off that have good extraction. Currently have an old dewalt one that throws it out everywhere. If I had the room I would of built a proper station but once I've done the cuts with the chop saw i have to put it under the bench.

Latest posts

Back