Unimat lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill05

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a Unimat SL lathe or parts that they would like to sell on please?

I purchased a SL lathe off a member here but some items where missing and some broke I have been in touch with a website in the EU but they will not ship to UK do to custom taxes, so just thought I would ask here in case anyone has one hidden under the bench.

Has anyone got a Unimat SL lathe or parts that they would like to sell on please?

I purchased a SL lathe off a member here but some items where missing and some broke I have been in touch with a website in the EU but they will not ship to UK do to custom taxes, so just thought I would ask here in case anyone has one hidden under the bench.
I have - not hidden under a bench - - - but it was stored on a high shelf for some time :)

Not been used for some time but is in full working order though it doesn't have a tail-stock centre or chuck.

It is mounted on a base with an integral drawer.

Regrettably it owes me probably more that your budget might run to but by all means PM me if you would like to see photo's/get more detail.

I have one I use for watchmaking. Not for sale but I have found there are always loads of bits for sale on e bay. Only thing to be careful of is that the chuck is M12, the later ones M14. Interested to know what broke as they are pretty robust.

Thanks everyone J-G PM sent, I have the one Sachakins posted about in my watch list if all else fails rather dirty and rusty but could work on it.

Fergie, the 3 jaw chuck looks like it had been dropped and parts of the scroll thread are missing, again the tail-stock has a crack in the casting where it is clamped to the bed ways.

I can make parts but would like to keep to original as much as I can.

Chronos, RDG etc do chucks for them. Four jaw independent cost me £50 I think. Tailstock damage is a shame, but they do come up frequently on e bay, or as you say get a "cosmetically challenged" one at a good price and you have loads of spares. Nice little machines, a good mod is to fit a decent sized variable speed motor, the standard one isn't very powerful and isn't continuous rated so you can only work it for a short time before you have to stop and let it cool down.

As mentioned earlier, Keep looking on EBay…
and the chuck threads are M12x1, or M14x1…metric fine threads…

I've got one, never used it! It was in a job lot of other stuff. Just looked at the price of them on ebay and I don't think I'll own it for much longer :ROFLMAO:
Money that can be better put towards my grown up machines!

Back