UK Workshop problems.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems with this site? My screen is frequently freezing and I get the message "ukworkshop.co.uk is not responding" with the option to "Recover page". I don't get this with any other website.
Any ideas?

For the last few days there has been a problem with one of the Add servers and its choice of advert source, have not been able to tie down which or what, resultant page freezes, page not found pages presented and various browser notifications appear to depend upon which browser(version) and operating system you are using and how it deals with an erroneous url.

You may see the page freeze, you may see a Page not found window or a popup message that an Add called by the page can't be loaded.
addfail.jpg

An annoying niggle courtesy of Google.

You could try cleaning unwanted cookies off the system to see if that stops the occurrence.

Attachments

• addfail.jpg
    addfail.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,215
That’s a relief, I have been experiencing the same, I thought it was just, yet another unstable element of this Windows 8.1 operating system, I have and hate. :evil:

My advice to anybody thinking of upgrading to 8.1, don’t. It may be ok, if you are a swipe/touch screen user of the young generation, other than that its a pain in the backside.

Chris R.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 1,286
Is there any even slightly significant financial benefit in serving ads in here?

If there is; great.

Otherwise ........

Vic Perrin":3ii7qpxs said:
No problems with my Apple IPad

Vic

I pad is not that stable on the internet.

It appears my virgin media modem needs upgrading to hub version 2 because of hiccups according to another source.

No problems with my Ipad on the internet, as stable as my desktop.
Are you sure it isn't your wireless router?

CHJ":q2kbk4fh said:
For the last few days there has been a problem with one of the Add servers and its choice of advert source, have not been able to tie down which or what, resultant page freezes, page not found pages presented and various browser notifications appear to depend upon which browser(version) and operating system you are using and how it deals with an erroneous url.

You may see the page freeze, you may see a Page not found window or a popup message that an Add called by the page can't be loaded.

An annoying niggle courtesy of Google.

You could try cleaning unwanted cookies off the system to see if that stops the occurrence.

I don't get that message. It always seems to happen when I click back a page and the website fails to respond and locks out. I use Internet Explorer on Windows 7 on a desktop PC. No problems at all on other sites.

CHJ":yoswfbog said:
ChrisR":yoswfbog said:
My advice to anybody thinking of upgrading to 8.1, don’t. It may be ok, if you are a swipe/touch screen user of the young generation, other than that its a pain in the backside.

Chris R.

Sounds like you do not run it in Desktop Mode, Win.7 on steroids with the option to operate in Icon/App mode with a click if required.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043243/ ... s-8-1.html

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8 ... dows-8.htm

Many thanks for the links, but I would not dare trying to make any alterations to the standard settings, my computer came with. :?

Chris R.

Just been browsing the forum for about seven minutes and have had to "recover web page" five times. It almost makes me want to stop and do some work instead. :x

I've recently started having a similar problem on this and some other forums that appear to use the same forum software/engine. On my old Mac (Mac OS 10.4.11 and relevant version of Safari) I get a message saying a script has failed and do I want to continue - answering either yes or no to this does not solve the problem, and I have to force quit Safari and start again :-( However, I've found that if I switch off Javascript in my Safari preferences when I want to use the forum all is well and I get no problems at all - so this work around may help others - you do need to switch Javascript back on when visiting sites that actually need it, rather than just use it for ads.

Back