UK workshop Android app

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Can anybody clarify for me? I have the UK workshop app installed on my old Galaxy android phone. I have updated to a later Samsung S22 but can't find the app on Playstore. Any clues as to where I may find the app?

Are you sure you had an app? I don't think there is a specific UKW app. I used to use Tapatalk a few years ago but don't anymore. If you want it to look a bit like an app, browse to the site and then in the top left of the browser click the three dots. You have an option to add to home screen which will put an icon on your home screen to click straight to the site with no address bar at the top. HTH.

Re the app please see attached! I am aware of how to navigate the internet. The app just made life simpler but has obviously been discontinued. 😁 Screenshot_20230803-102937.png

Pull up the site on the chrome browser on your phone, three dots - it should have Install App as an option. Just done it and works fine. It's a PWA app so still uses the browser

I use the app & its definitely not a scam, Angie (remember her) put a link to it years ago & I’ve used it on my phone ever since, looks like this on me phone

Screenshot_20230803-140034.png

Pull up the site on the chrome browser on your phone, three dots - it should have Install App as an option. Just done it and works fine. It's a PWA app so still uses the browser
Thanks I have done that and it's up and running fine! I notice the app has Version 1 annotated whereas the old one was Version 4? Never mind, it works.

As mentioned, it's not a native App. Basically phone friendly browsing with a few bells and whistles. You can save a direct link, as for most sites, to your home screen.

Last edited:
Can anybody clarify for me? I have the UK workshop app installed on my old Galaxy android phone. I have updated to a later Samsung S22 but can't find the app on Playstore. Any clues as to where I may find the app?

When you pull the forum up on a browser on your phone, then on android the 3 dots on the upper right, click them. Down drops a menu and you could save to homepage. That put an icon, that would act as an app, on your phone screen. Then when you click on that icon, you will be here seeing the complete forum. In recent days, that "save to homescreen" has become save to app, or install app. It's just a change of names for that function.

Back