Tuffsaw blades vs Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for Wealdon. Their router bits and forstner bits are razor sharp and superb quality (In a different league to the Trend ones I used to use). Discovering Wealdon from this forum has been a huge help to me.

Tuffsaws

My experience with the blades is a bit at odds with most on here. I found they break quite easily but I acknowledge it's possibly me or my machine at fault.

I have to say the customer service at Tuffsaws is absolute superb, Ian's a really great guy, always happy to help.

For the people whose Tuffsaw blades have lasted ages, are you using the M42 BI-METAL ones? I've only used the Supertuff Carbon ones.

OscarG":xunhnz2n said:
Another vote for Wealdon. Their router bits and forstner bits are razor sharp and superb quality (In a different league to the Trend ones I used to use). Discovering Wealdon from this forum has been a huge help to me.

Tuffsaws

My experience with the blades is a bit at odds with most on here. I found they break quite easily but I acknowledge it's possibly me or my machine at fault.

I have to say the customer service at Tuffsaws is absolute superb, Ian's a really great guy, always happy to help.

For the people whose Tuffsaw blades have lasted ages, are you using the M42 BI-METAL ones? I've only used the Supertuff Carbon ones.

mine was a supertuff one and then I fitted an m42. It is the m42 that has lasted and lasted, but I am a weekend warrior, rather than an all day long user so ages is relative in my case.

I have tried both the Axi bandsaw blades and the same Tuffsaw blades.
The Tuffsaw blades won easily.
They tracker better, they lasted way better in fact the Tuffsaw blades are still going and cutting thicker and faster blades that the Axi blades ever could.
They also posted next day delivery too.
Hope this helps.
Tim.

I've used both and tuffsaws are quite a bit better in my view. I certainly by tuffsaws if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps the best thing with Tuffsaws (apart from their rather superb blades) is the level of customer service you receive. I have purchased several blades from them (and am another of those weekend warriors, intermittently at that) and have had one break at the weld. A replacement, free of charge, was offered without question.

I would not hesitate to recommend them. Even if the Axminster blades were cheaper, or just as good (which I suspect they aren't), I think it is important to support independent suppliers, especially those who go the extra mile.

Adam

I always use Tuffsaw blades in my N4400 - excellent blades, service and price. The Axminster blades that I've used have been at best adequate.

I've used Axy and Record Power blades bought cheap from shows. About 7 years ago I started using Tuffsaw blades and now I wont touch any other. I've found there to be simply no contest.

Ian's are better, cheaper and his service is off the chart.....difficult decision???

Latest posts

Back