Tuffsaw blades vs Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need a new blade for my bandsaw, and have read lots of good comments about Tuffsaw blades. Has anyone used Axminster blades and Tuffsaw blades, and so can offer an informed comparison?
K

It's not at all scientific of course, but a while back I needed a replacement blade at short notice for my small rexon bandsaw, and rather than wait for tuffsaws to deliver I popped down the road to my local axi store, no more than five minutes away, and picked one up there.

The axi' blade was very disappointing as I recall, barely seemed any better than the worn one I wanted it to replace !

I thought at the time it was a waste of the money spent, ordered in a couple from tuffsaws, and haven't bought any axi' blades since, despite the convenience of having their store on my doorstep.

Just my own personal experience of course, others may have different experiences.

I've several brand new crapminster ones still in packaging. Since trying tuffsaws I've never gone back. Tuffsaws cut better and last much longer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No comparison, Tuffsaws work as a bandsaw blade should, Axminster blades don't. It took me a long time and quite a few blades to realize it wasn't the bandsaw that was at fault but the carp Xcalibur blades I was putting on it.

I have had quite a few Tuffsaw blades since and never had a problem.

Bill

All i can say is that i needed to cut a 5 inch wet fence post through its length of 6 ft at a 30 degree angle on my little Inca bandsaw that would be at its limit of depth of cut. I purchased a tuffsaws blade after having read all the good reviews on the forum and was amazed how well it turned out.
I can't compare it to any other blades but when i need more i would see no reason not to buy from tuffsaws.
I have to say however that i am a bit surprised that with all the good reviews that tuffsaws get on the forum they don't join in with the debate or contribute any funds to the running of the forum via advertising.

How can you join in when you are the best, anything you say will be taken out of context by someone and will upset others, but then again why pay to advertise when everyone else does it for you, free.

Mike

Tuffsaws is a one man band, He has quite enough to do keeping up with all our orders, cant have him wasting time in silly discussions can we?
And if you do need advice, an email to him will get you a sensible reply (once he's finished the days orders that is)
But Mike is right, traders have to walk a very fine line on a hobby forum.

MikeJhn":3662qs3t said:
How can you join in when you are the best, anything you say will be taken out of context by someone and will upset others, but then again why pay to advertise when everyone else does it for you, free.

Mike

Personally i think that it is a good idea to to shake the hand of the person who helps to feed you and make some contribution and not just take what you can get for free.

powertools":14cx7j4i said:
MikeJhn":14cx7j4i said:

Mike

Personally i think that it is a good idea to to shake the hand of the person who helps to feed you and make some contribution and not just take what you can get for free.

I'm a bit lost at this comment tbh. Perhaps selling an excellent product at a reasonable price with dedicated service is not a good business model? He is not affiliated with ukw in any way Powertools. He doesn't advertise here as far as I know. Why would he feel the need to come and thank people. His blades sell because of word of mouth representing community experience among an online community but no one is forcing anyone to buy there. Case in point. I can buy router bits anywhere. I choose to buy the few I use from Wealden because time and time again they get excellent reviews from people on here. Cheapest? No.
Do I trust them? Yes. Have they ever let me down in either parts I've bought or customer service? Far from it. Why would I feel they need to thank me on a forum? Not being rude but it makes no sense. I'm a bit baffled by your post tbh. As I say, no offence intended, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.
Regards
Chris

phil.p":25i63zy4 said:
I had an Axminster one on the giveaway, it was good enough but that was all.

As above, and I think I was the only recipient to leave the requested review, which was approving in tone. However, after more use that blade snapped on me, in two places art the same time! I've had one other blade break, that was an Axminster too. Both on my Axminster 350N.
I've got a couple of Tuffsaw blades, just not fitted either yet, but no reason to disbelieve the glowing reviews.

monkeybiter":18i22mpt said:
phil.p":18i22mpt said:
I had an Axminster one on the giveaway, it was good enough but that was all.

As above, and I think I was the only recipient to leave the requested review, which was approving in tone. However, after more use that blade snapped on me, in two places art the same time! I've had one other blade break, that was an Axminster too. Both on my Axminster 350N.
I've got a couple of Tuffsaw blades, just not fitted either yet, but no reason to disbelieve the glowing reviews.

My tuffsaws ones have lasted so long that i havent fitted the freebie yet!

Bm101":3lnh4p8e said:
powertools":3lnh4p8e said:
MikeJhn":3lnh4p8e said:

Mike

I'm a bit lost at this comment tbh. Perhaps selling an excellent product at a reasonable price with dedicated service is not a good business model? He is not affiliated with ukw in any way Powertools. He doesn't advertise here as far as I know. Why would he feel the need to come and thank people. His blades sell because of word of mouth representing community experience among an online community but no one is forcing anyone to buy there. Case in point. I can buy router bits anywhere. I choose to buy the few I use from Wealden because time and time again they get excellent reviews from people on here. Cheapest? No.
Do I trust them? Yes. Have they ever let me down in either parts I've bought or customer service? Far from it. Why would I feel they need to thank me on a forum? Not being rude but it makes no sense. I'm a bit baffled by your post tbh. As I say, no offence intended, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.
Regards
Chris

Ive used Wealdon router bits for 25 years :D

Not the same bit I hasten to add, they are good, not magic!

I have used both. Personally I think the Axminster ground tooth blades last longer than the tuffsaws blades however the tuffsaws work out cheaper. At the moment I am still trying to work out if the cost difference justifies the difference in blade life and it's a hard call really. The standard axminster blades and standard tuffsaws blades seem to be the same and are probably made from identical roll stock.

Another plus for Wealdon tools, plus plus they get the bits too me in France in two days, max three.

Mike

Back