Tuffsaw Bandsaw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Many years ago I stocked up on BS blades, all Hamilton or Dure Edge items. Thought they were great quality compared to what I was used to at the time, mostly Record etc. Sometime in 2012 I finally got through the last of them and, as they were mentioned so many times here, thought I'd try blades from Tuff Saws.
Spoke to Ian John at the company and told him what type of timber I usually cut and ended up with a couple of 1/2" 3 tpi Sabrecut blades. I don't often waffle on about how great this or that tool is but these blades were good, very good and easy money too. Stayed sharp for a long time despite throwing everything from green wood to surplus building site and pallet wood for fire wood at my bandsaw. Went through a few nails too. My machine isn't of the greatest quality but a good blade made it more than good.

No connection with the company but I'll be ordering again in the near future.

Reluctantly i tried them a few weeks ago as i have always used srarrett, i hate to admit it but i will be using tuffsaw blades again

I've used Tuffsaw blades for a few years and they're superb. Further I've not found a cheaper elsewhere despite always being inferior quality and in addition Ian's service philosophy is exemplary.

He's got all three of the critical customer satisfaction drivers spot on in his business model, great product that costs less than everyone else's and he makes it simple and quick for you to get it with a really solid knowledge of the right blade for any given application. I predict his business will grow and grow because once you've experienced it you will never buy a bandsaw blade anywhere else ever again. I experience very few businesses in this day and age of insane profit driving which only makes him stand out that much more.

Ian has several times worked through cutting solutions for me both for the metal cutting bandsaw and wood, at times blades have arrived with a complimentary sample for comparison to see if they lasted or cut better.

The only thing I have a problem with is remembering which blade type it is that I'm finally having to replace because the timescale in use is so long I have to get the last order mail out to try and identify which one I've just used the last of.

Must remember to note the specification on them as received and on the machine when fitted.

As well as my main bandsaw I have a very small one which I decided to dedicate to cutting brass sheet and sections.

So I ordered a metal cutting blade from Ian.

A couple of days later two arrived with a covering note saying he'd got to the end of a roll of blade which would just make two in this very small size - so he did.

Two for the price of one! :) :)

I made my first order with Ian for a 4500mm blade that I couldn't find anywhere else on Tuesday morning and being in a rush to get my job finished he made it and had it to my door Thursday morning.

Its one of their cheapest blades but its already out performing other I've got that set me back £40-50.

Very happy and will certainly be back for more.

Waka":1oqt2v1a said:
Chas

I'm in Singapore visiting
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Although I do prefer the cooler climbs and lower humidity of Langkawi island up north.

Waka":1oqt2v1a said:
...Back in the UK next week.
Can I order a couple of container loads of warmer weather to ship back please.

Anothe +1 for Ian's blades service is top notch advice is also exemplary
Tim

Latest posts

Back