Triton screws - help !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krysstel

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost finished the table for my recently acquired MOF001. After rooting around in my big box of misc. screws and bolts I found 4 suitable mounting screws, cut them to length and mounted the router in it's insert plate. So far so good. Until I put a template trimmer in and found that the bearing only just comes above the table at full raise height. I need to mount the router without the base plate to give the extra adjustment height.
And now we come to where I'm stuck :-
The mounting holes appear to be imperial. According to the manual they're ¼"-20UNC X 5/8". Here in Norway imperial screws/bolts are as rare as dragons teeth - impossible to get hold of.
The obvious is to shorten the screw I've already used, but they are not threaded alll the way up to the heads; they have approx 10mm shank and this is enough to make them useless.

What I need is four ¼"-20UNC X 5/8" screws with allen-keyed countersunk heads and no shanks.
This old thread addressed the same issue https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums...postorder=asc&highlight=triton+screws&start=0
Is there someone that can help me with this 'cause I'm really stuck ? I will gladly refund cost and postage - should be nothing more than an envelope with a slightly more expensive stamp. Please - I'm (almost) desperate :cry:

I have the same router
Just drill down through the holes down through the bottoms..making them open rather than blind with a 5mm drill and tap out to M6 works a treat.
If you really want the screws pm the address and i'll send you some
Ian

pm sent. but i can only help after next wednesday, unfortunately, so if someone can help more quickly...

Solved. :D

Ordered som 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" stainless countersunk allen-head screws from http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/defaul...ch to "nimmaj" who gave me their name. :wink:

I don't know why everyone seems to think you need the 4 screws to mount it in the plate.

If you had the triton system it would use the 2 quick release bolts. I got 2 extra bolts, 2 holes in my plate and then tightened it on using the bolts. I've been using huge radius 1/2 cutters lately and the router hasn't fallen out the bottom yet.

Solved. :D

Ordered some 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" stainless countersunk allen-head screws from http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/default.aspx
Great shop where you can order from anywhere in the world online, VAT deducted at source (Norway's outside EU), export shipping calculated automatically, no minimum order, low prices etc etc.

Thanks very much to "nimmaj" who gave me their name :wink:

Chems - yes that may be the case, but when one's never done it before then one doesn't know. I didn't want to drill 2 holes in my new plate, mount the router in it, find it wobbles and then have to drill 4 new holes.
Now I have 4 holes, not 6 and the router is bolted solidly in place - not that I don't beleive yours isn't :)

Back