Tough Job

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was that!
Sounds like the white guy was speaking English (at around 1:10 he says "...coming after us..." and at about 1:46 he says "...phone Robbie, phone Josh...") with what could be a South African accent to my ear (TBH I thought at first he was speaking Afrikaans), and they appear to be driving on the left - so ZA or Zimbabwe, possibly?

Last edited:
He sounded South African to me but can't be sure it was there,
Amazing how he kept his cool throughout.

makes you wonder what happened next? this is like watching chappie but it's actually real instead and there's no robot.

I bet he was so thrilled at having his name plastered all over everything! Not very professional boys!
It said at the end of that article that when he got out of the truck in his bullet-proof vest and knelt down to take aim at the two car loads they got out of there quick.

Yes South Africa where this is almost a daily occurrence, ditto armed robbery, and on average 50 violent deaths per day. A country led by the most corrupt government. A very beautiful country that has literally been pulled through the a$$ of the ANC. What a shame.

"Phone Robbie, phone Josh."

Robbie and Josh sound like they are a couple of useful lads to have on speed dial, don't think any of my mates would be rushing over to help me out in a similar situation.

Last edited:
It said at the end of that article that when he got out of the truck in his bullet-proof vest and knelt down to take aim at the two car loads they got out of there quick.

I think they knew by that time they were dealing with a real professional and the safest thing they could do was to run away.

Very impressed at how he repeatedly turned the van around and drove towards them at speed.

He created the maximum amount of confusion and then put himself into a position where he could inflict maximum damage and he didn't even break into a sweat. As for the co passenger I don't think he was capable of getting out of the van. I wonder what he was thinking when the driver turned the van around the first time, me I would of said WTF are you doing or a more expletive dialogue and it would of taken a few cans of air spray to get rid of the smell I would of left behind. 😜

"Phone Robbie, phone Josh."

Robbie and Josh sound like they are a couple of useful lads to have on speed dial, don't think any of my mates would be rushing over to help me out in a similar situation.
I.e. Do not rely on the emergency services to help you out in South Africa in any short amount of time. They have atrocious wait times. We moved from SA in the 90's. When i was a baby i dropped something and cut the main artery in my leg, my mother didn't bother calling an ambulance, she put a tourniquet on me and took me to the hospital. Calling an ambulance you'd have to wait closer to an hour before one would come and I certainly wouldn't be here to tell the tale.

About this incident, apparently he ran one of the cars off the road and the other one got caught in the traffic hence he had a chance to get out and wait for them at the end.

We moved to this country as a close family friend was shot and killed in a armed hijacking on the road.

I.e. Do not rely on the emergency services to help you out in South Africa in any short amount of time. They have atrocious wait times. We moved from SA in the 90's. When i was a baby i dropped something and cut the main artery in my leg, my mother didn't bother calling an ambulance, she put a tourniquet on me and took me to the hospital. Calling an ambulance you'd have to wait closer to an hour before one would come and I certainly wouldn't be here to tell the tale.
Nice to hear of another ex South African and you are absolutely right about the emergency services. There is a large portion of the police involved in crime and totally unreliable. I saw on the news that an ANC counsellor was as caught in a cit heist.
Hours before my son's birth we had an attack by 4 armed black males. Unfortunately for them I had an arsenal that would make any American envious. Needless to say I lived to tell the tale and for them the end of the road.

Back