Total Newbie to CNC and Lasers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hills01

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the add. I'm currently researching CNC and Laser Cutters/engavers from a hobby user perspective. There is so much out there it is rather daunting, so hoping I will find information on here to educate myself so I can make some informed decisions on any purcahse.

Cheers
David

I am using a CNC and laser for hobby
CNC is a Sainsmart ProverXL 4030 v1 with a spindle upgrade to dewalt 611 router.
Laser is a Creality Falcon2 22w.diode laser

Software I use is Carveco and Candle for GRBL on CNC and Lightburn for the laser.

I have found both to be great machines, likewise the software too.

The customer service at Sainsmart and Creality have also been good.

The ProverXL 4030 is now available in V2. The Falcon2 is now available as Falcon2 Pro.
Both are improved machines, but not a big enough step up for me to change.

Neither are cheap end entry models, but represent great value for money in my opinion.

Have a look at James Dean Designs for CNC hobby guidene on YouTube

And at LA hobby Guy for lasers on YouTube and his forum at https://lahobbyguy.com/bb/

I purchsed my CNC from a father and son team based in Hull.
They are called Jazz CNC
I did thorough research and found them to very knowledgable

Most CNC companies buy from china, kick the tyres and send it on to you, with a nice mark up for said kicking. No doubt they offer some or good support as well, which is VERY important.
Jazz CnC make their own machines and offer fantastic support, which you WILL need
I think their cheapest machine starts at around £3-4k but easily out performs machines at the £10k level.
I’ve got some decent kit in my workshop (Felder/SCM) and the JazzCNC is by far the best machine and value for money.

I can’t speak on lower priced machines that say come in kit form but if you want something that you can grow with, that has the power and strength to cut a faster and with larger bits, I couldn’t recommend them enough.

Regarding lasers, I have no real experience. It’s a market I’m still watching. Although I would rather buy something from trotec or a subsidiary of, then an HPC or other cheaper Chinese import.

The Bambu labs equivilant has not yet happened in lasers, I would say a ‘ryo’ looks good.

Back