Tormek not grinding square.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Established Member
Reaction score
After some advice with my Tormek.

It’s not grinding square and grinding a slight skew on my chisels. I’m using a diamond stone so it’s true and a SE-76 square edge jig.

It’s taking more off the edge butted up to the square of the jig.

Any tips for fettling it?

Thanks

Gary

Last edited:
Ensure that the blade is clamped squarely ... even pressure on both sides. Also, check that the blade is parallel over its surface.

This may help.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Obviously I dont know how old your machine is but when mine started going wrong it was because the shaft and bearings had rusted/worn and I had to replace shaft. Mine was an old machine. It took me ages to work it out.

Easy to put more pressure on one side of the edge and remove more material from it. If everything is jigged up straight and square try shifting where you are applying pressure and checking the progress as you go

Obviously I dont know how old your machine is but when mine started going wrong it was because the shaft and bearings had rusted/worn and I had to replace shaft. Mine was an old machine. It took me ages to work it out.
It’s a 2000 machine and I have replaced the shaft. Think this one maybe stainless.

Back