Tormek !! Deep joy at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

As you may remember I obtained a Tormek wet sharpener

BUT do you think I could use it :roll: :roll:

Tried to sharpen a bowl gouge and BANG

Had a big dig into the wheel :roll:

Kept looking at it thinking " this cant be right " the wheel rotating towards the chisel :?

When Ray came round he was confused as well as my Supergrind 2000 only had one jig bar , on the top of the machine

The new ones have 2 jig bars :cry:

So hunting through the Axminster tool catt I found a item called a horizontal mount ?? and it turns out to be the front bar kit

So I purchased it along with the NEW

TTS 100 jig , and boy does this make sharpening chisels easy :p :p

Have a look at the link

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&o ... &q=tts-100

I am now well chuffed , my first 2 bowl gouges look like they have been sharpened by a professional " ME "

\:D/ \:D/

Will have a go at the scew Tomorrow ,will be in the shower and off to bed soon :(

as I have to get up at 2.30 am for work at 3.30 am :roll:

yes I am MAD

O , How many blanks are there ? I forgot to ask :?:

I'm confused.

Firstly, gouges should never be sharpened with the stone turning into the wheel. As you have found out.

Secondly, the jig support arm can be placed in either the verticle or horizontal position. I am unsure as to why you had to purchase something to do this job :?

Blister":gcp0e6kl said:

Ok,I have to ask - what do you do that entails being at work at 3:30 on a Sunday ? (And next weekend,we all lose an hours sleep ..)

Andrew

Slimjim81":1vsgrl5u said:
I'm confused.

Firstly, gouges should never be sharpened with the stone turning into the wheel. As you have found out.

Secondly, the jig support arm can be placed in either the verticle or horizontal position. I am unsure as to why you had to purchase something to do this job :?

My machine has or had no fixings for the horizontal fixing , only had the vertical one :?

Still , its sorted now :lol:

PowerTool":gx2ikjcv said:
Blister":gx2ikjcv said:

Ok,I have to ask - what do you do that entails being at work at 3:30 on a Sunday ? (And next weekend,we all lose an hours sleep ..)

Andrew

I am a HGV 1 driver , driving for Tesco this week , and yes I am up after 2 hours sleep :roll: , I live in a noisy road and was woken up by some pratt in his car :roll:

Wil try again at about 11.30 :?

Slimjim81":319bwbca said:

Not if there isn't one. The earlier Tormek grinders had only the vertical fixings. There was no horizontal plate, like what mine hasn't got.

Does anyone know if the Jet grinder attachments fit the Tormek grinder, and vice-versa? The Jet extension arm looks to be a useful addition, but Tormek don't seem to do one.

Roy Clarke":lp6rzdg3 said:
Slimjim81":lp6rzdg3 said:

Not if there isn't one. The earlier Tormek grinders had only the vertical fixings. There was no horizontal plate, like what mine hasn't got.

Does anyone know if the Jet grinder attachments fit the Tormek grinder, and vice-versa? The Jet extension arm looks to be a useful addition, but Tormek don't seem to do one.

Tormek sell a horizontal bar kit , I got one from Axminster so now all is well :p

I know about the horizontal kit, but the extension bar is something different. It would be useful to know if Jet and Tormek parts fit the other machine too.

Roy Clarke":acgaldeb said:
I know about the horizontal kit, but the extension bar is something different. It would be useful to know if Jet and Tormek parts fit the other machine too.

When you say " extension bar " , do you mean the bar the gigs go on ?

If so Tormek now do one with a micro adjuster on it , as I purchased one of those as well :p :p

Latest posts

Back