Tools of the Decade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cup warmer.

85w.jpg

Can be purchased most outlets on the Islands or telephone number Honolulu 841-7667

I've not read all the posts so I may have missed it but my list would include the Tormek as well. Particularly for complex fingernail grinds on deep bowl gouges. I can literally put a fresh edge on a gouge in ten seconds then back to the lathe. It's an absolute godsend to say nothing of all the regular sharpening I do with it. All my old honing guides and slip stones etc are collecting dust now for five years.

My list would include:
Internet( indescribably useful resource that is changing the world faster than any other technology in human history)
Tormek
Lith ion cordless tools
Festool domino (I keep mine under the pillow)
Radio 4
Storm damage (never ending supply of turning blanks)

Random Orbital Bob":1yby3fch said:
I've not read all the posts so I may have missed it but my list would include the Tormek as well. Particularly for complex fingernail grinds on deep bowl gouges. I can literally put a fresh edge on a gouge in ten seconds then back to the lathe. It's an absolute godsend to say nothing of all the regular sharpening I do with it. All my old honing guides and slip stones etc are collecting dust now for five years.

Interestingly, when we first ran the article based partly on the results of this thread, the Tormek wasn't mentioned much. The Domino was right up there, as were 10.8v cordless tools.

Nick

After the electric blanket (obviously) mine would be the azada. It's a sort of hoe -mattock for digging when you've done your knee in (or back etc). They use them on the continent a lot - you see them in the garlic fields.

My own personal decade. I had neither 10 years ago. More absent mindedness than anything.

Back