Tool rest banjo...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige52

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a new Axminster 1218vs lathe which I'm very happy with :D
A quick question.....is the banjo adjustable? Only there seems very little play when moving the rest around and sometimes I have difficulty getting it close to the work if turning thin spindles.......it feels like it needs slacking off a touch, but I'm not sure if this is possible, anyone know?

I have the same lathe and the banjo goes just about anywhere. I've just checked the movement and I can get the tool-rest past the centre line when parallel. I may have misunderstood your question. If so perhaps some photos may help.

Thanks spslick, :)
I just had it upside down and found a large nut, which I slacked off just a touch and now the tool rest is much freer and I can get it closer to the center line, it was ok left to right, but in and out was a bit stiff, it should be ok now :)

Also worth waxing the bed and the underneath of the banjo. Makes things move more smoothly and protects against rust.

dp341":mnslowqi said:
Also worth waxing the bed and the underneath of the banjo. Makes things move more smoothly and protects against rust.
Dont forget to keep the two inner sides of the bed lubricated and clean

Back