too buy or not too buy ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bliuebird

Established Member
Reaction score
that is the question .....
Scheppach TS 2500 Table Saw
and
Scheppach HMS260 Planer/Thicknesser

£600

???????

finding it a big struggle to buy a table saw . willing to pay upto £800

help me please (hammer) :roll:

bliuebird":2z804xvu said:
that is the question .....
Scheppach TS 2500 Table Saw
and
Scheppach HMS260 Planer/Thicknesser

£600

£600 for the two? That sounds very reasonable to me

Hi there

I cannot comment on the planer/thicknesser but I would be very cautious about the table saw. I have a TISA 5, no issues with power or cutting but definately not a precision saw, the fence is an absolute joke. It does not mater how cheap something is, if it does not do what you expect then it is not cheap. I purchased the Axminster fence which is good enough but fitting it was a real pain because it comes with unc fittings and fitted a wooden top so it is now verging on acceptable and has a mitre slot. The best fence I looked at was the super cool one but did not want to spend that much on a fence, next time maybe. Think what you want the saw to be capable of and then make sure it can deliver, depth of cut, mitre slot, ease of use etc etc.

Roy

Decided against the scheppach ts 2500

Now I'm thinking of getting a jet JTS 600 or a startrite ( not sure of model number )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 567
Spectric":2j8c3lyh said:
Hi there

I cannot comment on the planer/thicknesser but I would be very cautious about the table saw. I have a TISA 5, no issues with power or cutting but definately not a precision saw, the fence is an absolute joke. It does not mater how cheap something is, if it does not do what you expect then it is not cheap. I purchased the Axminster fence which is good enough but fitting it was a real pain because it comes with unc fittings and fitted a wooden top so it is now verging on acceptable and has a mitre slot. The best fence I looked at was the super cool one but did not want to spend that much on a fence, next time maybe. Think what you want the saw to be capable of and then make sure it can deliver, depth of cut, mitre slot, ease of use etc etc.

Roy

FWIW
The TS2500 is a very good saw If I didn't need the scoring option on my current saw I would have kept mine. As for the planner thicknesser it was at the time it came out the one to beat. and in my opinion its still better than the rest of them that are in the same range.
£600 for the two is a bargain if they are anywhere near reasonable condition

Roger

i thought it was a good deal tbf. the only thing that put me off was the ali top and the size was a bit to big for my workshop .

i have just purchased my new wife now anyway , jet jts 600
next on my list is a thicknesser , liking the look of the SIP 01552

Latest posts

Back