Garden Shed upgrade / deciding on the layout.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k995

Reaction score
As I bought an old Scheppach ts 2500 table saw, I decided to upgrade my garden shed , I took everything out, isolated and made it airtight.
Moved some stuff out and now working on a layout to put everything back .

82353294_tuinhuis_first_floor_first_design_20231022_ed5f77.jpg

This seems to me the best way, the MFT would be for larger panels/sheets(and use the TS 2500 as infeed/support) while the table saw for the smaller and use the MFT as outfeed table (same height).
The fine dust suction I want to integrate into the MFT table
What I dont have and would have to make : to the left of the workspace there would be a wall for tools and a workbench (again same heigh as TS 2500) with space for vice and drillpress. To the right something to store everything for MFT table.
Old table saw is extra now and the planer is on wheels so that can be rolled out easily.

Would this work, any comments idea's? All is welcome :)

I find working on a full sheet in my 2.9x5.4m shed a complete pain and I’ve largely taken to breaking them down outside the shed with a circular saw before working on the cut pieces in the shed.

The thing diagonal dimension of a sheet is 2.7m so ‘turning’ one needs the entire shed width to be clear for the board to spin. I’d you put a board across the width of the shed you only have 40cm to shimmy past the end.

You don’t have any space in you build for full sheet storage. If I have to keep full sheets I use my outhouse. For storage of long lengths I have a rack that runs above the main door. Having storage off of the floor makes the space feel less cluttered and less wasteful.
IMG_2576.jpeg

Fitz

Could you put you DX outside in a lean too? Keep the noise and dust outside?
Giving you more space inside?

I find working on a full sheet in my 2.9x5.4m shed a complete pain and I’ve largely taken to breaking them down outside the shed with a circular saw before working on the cut pieces in the shed.

The thing diagonal dimension of a sheet is 2.7m so ‘turning’ one needs the entire shed width to be clear for the board to spin. I’d you put a board across the width of the shed you only have 40cm to shimmy past the end.

You don’t have any space in you build for full sheet storage. If I have to keep full sheets I use my outhouse. For storage of long lengths I have a rack that runs above the main door. Having storage off of the floor makes the space feel less cluttered and less wasteful.
View attachment 168656

Fitz

I just worked with 12mm plywood 250x75 and that was doable, full sheets would be harder but I probably could manage with the double doors.

I lay it flat on the MFT and use the table saw as support. Not something to often do, I usualy let them cut it where I buy in manageable sizes (like 250x75) because why not its easier to transport and use later.

I also store them outside under a carport, I do still need to make something there to store them easier, now they just lean against the wall.

Btw: I love your floor :)

Could you put you DX outside in a lean too? Keep the noise and dust outside?
Giving you more space inside?
I could on the right side (the dust extractor already blows the exhaust outside) is a sort of covered deck , so its possible.

I could even integrate it in the seating there so you wouldnt really see it. But it hangs quite high and out of the way so its not that big of an issue.

Some pictures of the current state
Outside:

20231021_144423.jpg

Left side :

20231021_144413.jpg

Right side

20231021_144410.jpg

Currently working on the cleat wall to hang up all the tools, making that scheppach and the MFT level and fixing the ceiling.

Latest posts

Back