toesy's latest simple bandsaw boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toesy

Established Member
Reaction score
Made these this week and I'm well happy with the results.

One on the left is made from Ash and Sapele and the other is made from Oak and Sapele.
Finished with French Polish.

Attachments

• BSBno3and5 Closed.jpg
    BSBno3and5 Closed.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 732
  • BSBno3and5.jpg
    BSBno3and5.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 732
Those are lovely.

Bandsawn boxes are something I would like to try. Can you recommend any good videos or books please?

Charlie Woody":3jidjkfv said:
Those are lovely.

Bandsawn boxes are something I would like to try. Can you recommend any good videos or books please?

I watched a couple of utube videos, and then just glued up the wood and cut them out, sanded and then sealed/polish.

I did however since I am new, print the shape onto some self adhesive paper, only so I could follow the lines easier.

Best BS boxes I've seen, very nice.

Are the drawer interiors painted or lined?

Been searching for the entry slots [only just visible]
I have previously wondered if with planning they could be placed so as to tighten the drawer fit. Could be a tall order with my bandsawing though. :lol:

monkeybiter":3qxe7c1e said:
Best BS boxes I've seen, very nice.

Are the drawer interiors painted or lined?

Been searching for the entry slots [only just visible]
I have previously wondered if with planning they could be placed so as to tighten the drawer fit. Could be a tall order with my bandsawing though. :lol:

Apologies for not replying sooner :-( - a bad week for this week

The drawers are flocked, you paint it with something that I can only say looks like a gooey paint, put the fibres into a tube and spray it all over.

utube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFjorzlI3k

Back