Introduction with some of my recent projects - Hi all!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danieltanner

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum so though I would share some recently projects I have been working on. I am a hobbyist that enjoys making furniture, but am really just starting out.

It all started for me when I was much younger and had a number of family members into woodwork professionally - largely in the construction industry. Around 20 odd years ago I made my first piece a breadboard - which I still use today - it is biscuited and made of Cherry and Maple:

Chopping_Board.jpg

Following this I have undertaken lots of woodwork for home based DIY (floors, skirting, pergola ... ) - but no proper furniture / joinery. Until this year, where I have ramped up a bit in the last two months. In these I have mixed a lot of wood and joint types as I am exploring.

I made a small table as a present for a friend. It is made from Black Walnut, Maple, Oak, and Iroko. They sent me this picture of the table in their home:
First_Table.jpg

They also received a matching chopping board:
New_Chopping_Board.jpg

I then made myself a similar though subtly different table (dowel stretcher, breadboard ends, dovetails legs, etc.):
Second_Table.jpg

Then I made a coffee table for the living room - Oak, Maple, Iroko, Sapele, Walnut:
20240510_105909.jpg

20240510_105915.jpg

And finally I am working on an oak table for the garden (in theory the table top height can be changed - but this is a work in progress):
Table_Extended.jpg

Table_Reduced.jpg

Well that's it from me. If you have questions I would be happy to try and answer.

Hello and welcome.
Im bumping this up so others can also be welcoming. Looks like you've just slipped down the board too quickly

Nice makings. Keep it up :D

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum so though I would share some recently projects I have been working on. I am a hobbyist that enjoys making furniture, but am really just starting out.

It all started for me when I was much younger and had a number of family members into woodwork professionally - largely in the construction industry. Around 20 odd years ago I made my first piece a breadboard - which I still use today - it is biscuited and made of Cherry and Maple:

View attachment 182606

Following this I have undertaken lots of woodwork for home based DIY (floors, skirting, pergola ... ) - but no proper furniture / joinery. Until this year, where I have ramped up a bit in the last two months. In these I have mixed a lot of wood and joint types as I am exploring.

I made a small table as a present for a friend. It is made from Black Walnut, Maple, Oak, and Iroko. They sent me this picture of the table in their home:
View attachment 182607

View attachment 182608

I then made myself a similar though subtly different table (dowel stretcher, breadboard ends, dovetails legs, etc.):
View attachment 182610

Then I made a coffee table for the living room - Oak, Maple, Iroko, Sapele, Walnut:
View attachment 182609
View attachment 182613

And finally I am working on an oak table for the garden (in theory the table top height can be changed - but this is a work in progress):
View attachment 182611
View attachment 182612

Well that's it from me. If you have questions I would be happy to try and answer.
Some great projects. Welcome on board. Looking forward to seeing the next build.

Hey all,

View attachment 182606

View attachment 182607

View attachment 182608

View attachment 182610

View attachment 182609
View attachment 182613

View attachment 182611
View attachment 182612

Welcome along. Some great projects there. Just a word of warning but the weather will destroy your garden table. I made an oak one a few years back, the top was badly weathered after a year and the wood in contact with the ground became stained very quickly. Anything you can do to keep it covered, esp in winter, will help.

Fitz

Back