To whomever is stealing my pencils..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice you are in Lancashire... I wonder if the sane rogues that are stealing your pencils are stealing mine in Suffolk? If that's the case we might have stumbled on a national pencil theft ring. This sort of organised crime can only exist with corruption and assistance from Police and government.... Be careful who you talk to, trust no one and keep an eye over your shoulder.

Douglas Adams wrote something which might answer the OP's question:

“Somewhere in the cosmos, he said, along with all the planets inhabited by humanoids, reptiloids, fishoids, walking treeoids and superintelligent shades of the colour blue, there was also a planet entirely given over to ballpoint life forms. And it was to this planet that unattended ballpoints would make their way, slipping away quietly through wormholes in space to a world where they knew they could enjoy a uniquely ballpointoid lifestyle, responding to highly ballpoint-oriented stimuli, and generally leading the ballpoint equivalent of the good life.

And as theories go this was all very fine and pleasant until Veet Voojagig suddenly claimed to have found this planet, and to have worked there for a while driving a limousine for a family of cheap green retractables, whereupon he was taken away, locked up, wrote a book and was finally sent into tax exile, which is the usual fate reserved for those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public.”​

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I assume, therefore, that the pencils have gone to a planet entirely given over to penciloid lifeforms! ;)

Get a Pica or Tracer pencil.
The little holster thing sits in your pocket, you just get used to putting it back every time and it has a little sharpener built in.
I have had one for over a year now.
Previously I was loosing 3 or 4 a week !

Ollie
I lost mine the first day! Still don’t know where it is!

You are lucky in that it is only your pencils disappearing, I bet there are a few of us who find all our tape measures have the same problem of disappearing.
At one time you could buy 'Hard to Loose' tape measures - that was FALSE advertising! ;)

I had this problem for years - until I woke up !
There are two types of pencils, ones with legs and ones without.
The legs are really tiny but they work really well. And they know how to hide.
Put a small screw eye and attach a piece of string to those that have legs !
Back in the 70s when I was in school there were these little plastic creatures that people put on the top of there pencils. Little legs and arms, I have seen ones since with hair. Maybe they are attaching themselves and walking off with the pencils.

I used to create a shadow wall for my tools so at the end of day make sure every thing was back in place but regime didnt last long and every weekend spent hours finding all my tools to put back on the wall thats when i would find about 20 pencils which had a pot on the tool wall for storage and so began a new week

I notice you are in Lancashire... I wonder if the sane rogues that are stealing your pencils are stealing mine in Suffolk? If that's the case we might have stumbled on a national pencil theft ring. This sort of organised crime can only exist with corruption and assistance from Police and government.... Be careful who you talk to, trust no one and keep an eye over your shoulder.
It's a bigger problem than you think. The Pensil Ring is very active in Wiltshire also.

Never had problems with pencils until I took up wood turning.
They always sat there nice and patiently on my desk just waiting to be picked up, carressed and fondled until put gently back in their comfortable resting rack.

Now in the workshop, the pippers have turned rogue and dissappear off with nearest piece of oak or mahogany or even a pile of shavings..?

As was once said, life, what is life it's just 2B or not 2B, that is the pencil.

Back