Thoughts on this.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again."

There's something missing here ...

Seems to be a solution looking for a problem - versus a disc sanding machine?

BTW John Heisz (the YouTuber in the OP) is seen as a God by a lot of woodworkers . . . . I think that the jury is out on that. Our resident YouTuber @petermillard may have some views?

I only watched a couple minutes worth but I see a very short life for the sanding belts. They are going to be turning twice as fast as a normal sander would which suggests they won't last long. I'll stick to the jointer/surfacer that I have and keep the sanding grit out of my saw.

Pete

I only watched a couple minutes worth but I see a very short life for the sanding belts. They are going to be turning twice as fast as a normal sander would which suggests they won't last long. I'll stick to the jointer/surfacer that I have and keep the sanding grit out of my saw.

Pete
That was my gut feeling also. In fact I find most sanding machines spin too fast. I mostly use a disc on my lathe because I can pick a slow speed for it.
Regards
John

Back