This time in Australia last year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
For those forum members that are interested I have nearly six months of photographs taken whilst Janet & I were on holiday in Australia last year.

Your reponse is not expected but I will know if interest is around by viewing numbers of thread.

1. Jackarandah trees in flower.

jackarandas.jpg

2. Sydney harbour residential area. (quite expensive)

Sydneyresidentialarea1w.jpg

See yeah.

3, The crimson Rosella

crimsonrosella6.jpg

The sulphur crested parrot. (lining up waiting for the wife to feed from the balcony handrail, at the family home of Wongo ubeaut forum member)

sulphurcrestedparrots.jpg

5. The kookaburra (or alarm clock)

kookaburra5.jpg

6. A scene from the Royal National Pk, Sydney. Bundeena.

bundeena.jpg

See yeah.

nice photos

was lucky enough to go to Sydney and Gold Coast for the millenium.
Spent new years eve in a restaurant in The Rocks next to the opera house....

lovely people, lovely climate, great scenery.....wish i was back there........

Thanks for rekindeling my memories........

Nick

Very nice photos DW - makes me want to go and see for myself :D

Cheers :D
Tony

7, Very socialable wild parrot who played hide and seek with us.

cheekyplayedgames7w.jpg

8. One of many waterside homes in Sydney suburbs, (most probably 10,000 situated thus)

wholiveshere8w.jpg

9. Sun bathing, a very regular pastime in Oz.

niceplaceforsunbathing9w.jpg

See yeah

Those are snazzy pictures Mr. Woody! One of t'other forums I'm on has a Picture Of The Day thread and it's one of the best topics on the forum! Maybe worth trying it out on here?

Good pictures :)

Speaking as a mod on a photography forum I can see you have thought about composition in these. If you resized them yourself rather than photobucket then you should sharpen them again as the resizing makes them softer.

Australia is somewhere we intend to visit within the next year or two.

Please explain further Robert.
I resize in psp9 to 8x6 at 76dpi,(most pics were taken set @ 1m) (there were1800 pics on that last trip) and then use export set to around 70.000kbs.
I occassionly use clarify.
What is photobucket doing?

I don't use PSP much but I have v8. The 76 dpi thing is meaningless as it is only 'how to display' information that nothing actually uses. Likewise the measurements thing - a printer could take notice of it but probably will not.

When you resize for web display all you need consider is how many pixels across the image will be. Around 600 pixels is reasonable. Then you need to sharpen the picture again once you have resized it with unsharp mask. (on v8 it is adjust>sharpness>Unsharp mask) How much will vary and is down to judgement. Finally save as jpg and change the quality setting to get the file size you want. (the export thing you mention may well do that but I've never used it)

I have sharpened one of your pictures
wholiveshere8w.jpg

and this is your original
wholiveshere8w.jpg

edit.
Oh and back to your question :) This picture is 575 pixels wide. If you uploaded 575 pixels wide then photbucket isn't doing anything. If you uploaded larger and photobox is providing a small version then it may be causing the softening effect.

Thanks Robert, I can see the improvement, I will spend some time before I put in tonights pics.

BTW, which photography forum do you moderate?

I hope viewers are not fazed by all the blue skies.

10. Another property view in Pitt Water Less expensive perhaps?(also using the technique recommended by RopertP)

10wAsmallerhomeonPittwaterSydney.jpg

11. Swinging the camera around 180 degrees (unable to arrange better composition) A golf course next to the Pitt Water inlet.

11wgolfcoursepittwater180view.jpg

12. An evening shot of Sydney city. (without the bridge and opera house in sight)

12wSydneycitylandscapeevening.jpg

See yeah

13 OK. here's my version of Bondi Beach, (a calm day) but still plenty of surfers about as always on the east coast of all Australia.

13bondi.jpg

14. A small marina in Ku-Ring-Gai Nt.Pk. (north of Sydney)

13marinainKu-Ring-GaiNtPkSydney.jpg

15. A personal photo, but to me a very pleasant time but an amusing pic.

15feedingtimeagain.jpg

16. For those that like it rough but bright.
Almost to the Queensland border.

16NearlytotheQueenslandborder.jpg

17. Whale Beach, N. Sydney, with homes right down to the oceans edge.

17whalebeachnsw.jpg

18. A 7lbs. Snapper caught from the rocky point of previous picture.

18Snappercaughtonwhalebeach.jpg

DW - here's a little teaser for you, to get the grey matter circulating on this foul November day. Where is this?...same ocean.

kdkke.jpg

Give you a clue...the lady in question has been in the news very recently - Rob

Well the Falklands are in the South Atlantic, So we must be in the South Pacific, New Zealand if we are not talking Australia?

DW - here's another little clue...any better?

DK_in_From_Here_to_Eternity.jpg

What about now?...a slightly different shot of the same beach, this one tho' not taken by me...Iwas only 1 at the time :roll: :wink: :lol: - Rob

Is that the Australian swimming champion?

We only get the newspapers these days once a week at the weekend for the TV page, so rely on upto the minute topics from Roger and others.

Back