This time in Australia last year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With reference to the last photograph 67 Sunset at S.W.Rocks, I have done some heavy manipulating in preparation for doing a watercolour painting and thought you might like to see the result.

68. Sunset at S.W.Rocks, manipulated.

towetcanvas2.jpg

The entrance to the camp site is shewn because this is typical of these sites in Oz. They are part of the community and need not be controlled and sited at isolated parts.

68 Site entrance S.W.Rocks.

68campsiteentrancetoswrocks.jpg

69. You dont need a monster camping van to be in the swim either.

69smallvans.jpg

70. And if you really are fit and want to do it on the cheap.

70smalltents.jpg

Still this this time last year.

71 my watercolour of a surfer in Oz.

71surfer.jpg

72, An oil painting, Batemans Bay. N.S.W. (painted whilst in Oz.

72batemansbaypainting.jpg

73. Acrylic paintings by June (table mat) Dinner time at mine hosts, Vince & June.

73tablemats.jpg

Did I ever tell you we hired a car (bargain on wheels available countrywide) that was 17 years old, Lancer Mitubishi. No problems did 10k. $650 per month unlimited all in. Thats about £10 per day.

74. Mitubishi Lancer. Automatic/with air conditioning.

74bargainonwheels.jpg

75, They moor their boats at the bottom of the garden in Sydney.

75insydneyboatsmooratthebottomofgar.jpg

76 boat moorings.

76awayfromthesydneyharbourbridge.jpg

77. Evening shot 7pm still shooting from private residential plots

77eveningboats.jpg

Final day of picture posting of this thread.

78. Oil painting of Sydney City from Greenwich suburb.

78oilpaintingsydney.jpg

79. This picture shows the entrance to Sydney Harbour (right of picture)
but eventually evoles in to a metropolis.

79entrancetosydneyharbour.jpg

80 the Sydney Harbour view,

80thecityharboursydney.jpg

81. The final few days were spent in the state of Victoria but had been seriously hit by forest fires. Tomeli.

81firezoneareaTomelivic.jpg

82. Mansfield area vic. They say they had not had any serious rain in the previous three years. Everything is dry and a 40 mile resevoir was down to around 3 miles. (recovering the last 3 months)

82Mansfieldareavic3yearswithoutrain.jpg

83. Final photograph taken for us with Australian forum member Woodborer and his wife.

83finalpicturepriortodeparture2007.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope some of the pictures you found were of interest and to others recalled their own memories of Australia

yes painful as it was, I loved seeing your pics and only hope to visit that country at least once in my life.

WiZeR":meas7a6h said:
yes painful as it was, I loved seeing your pics and only hope to visit that country at least once in my life.

It took me precisely 50 years to get there, 50 years ago I cancelled a ticket to Oz.

Latest posts

Back