Things that give you an irrational amount of rage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hudson

Lobby the government about that one, dowel plate awareness for all. Tv campaigns, increased teaching in schools - give it a few years and nobody should be using that phrase ever again..

:)

I feel so fortunate ... I live so deep in the country that it is a long walk or a short truck ride to the nieghbours. As a result of my quasi- hermitdom , there are very few things to be enraged by. I would say that may leave me with little to get mad at but the weather. In all fairness though , getting snow stayed for 2 or 3 days at a time in the winter, that fulfills my anger requirements completely thanks. Still would not trade it for the types of rage I dealt with back when I dwelt in the city (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) , seemed to always be angry back then.

Peter T":16q5hyb2 said:
..... There seem to be, however, a small minority of whinging, freeloading cyclists who have no respect for other road users or pedestrians and who contribute nothing to the system.
Not as many as the whinging, pathetic, self righteous motorists who complain endlessly about all other road users - as witnessed by this thread.
NB What are we 'freeloading'? You don't know whether or not we contribute. I'd guess that on average we contribute just as much as everybody else. Personally I think we deserve a tax allowance for not using powered vehicles.

I believe less than 10% of motoring revenues go back into the road system, meaning that motorists are making a big contribution to the general economy.
Most cyclists are also motorists.
Vehicle drivers are also a huge expense to the economy, in terms of roads themselves and all the other peripherals - not least the cost to the NHS of road accidents, in which cyclists play little part.

Adverts annoy me. And paying for a film on pay-per-view then having more bloody adverts before the film starts. And on the rare occasion that I've bought a DVD even more bloody adverts on that!

Copyright annoys me. Just because Cliff Richard did a good job 40 years ago why should he still be paid for it now? I have a lot more respect for the skills and work of Dodge etc. and I'm sure they can command a decent price, but once the Davenport (or whatever) is delivered and paid for he won't be get monthly cheques every time the client/client's friends etc. look at it and like it.

The total obliviousness (?) of 'value for money' at cinemas annoys me, what would be the response if, after watching a film, you said to the manager 'that was rubbish, I'd like my money back please'? And then of course there's the food and drink prices.....

Jacob":1eijto2t said:
Peter T":1eijto2t said:
..... There seem to be, however, a small minority of whinging, freeloading cyclists who have no respect for other road users or pedestrians and who contribute nothing to the system.
Not as many as the whinging, pathetic, self righteous motorists who complain endlessly about all other road users - as witnessed by this thread.
NB What are we 'freeloading'? You don't know whether or not we contribute. I'd guess that on average we contribute just as much as everybody else. Personally I think we deserve a tax allowance for not using powered vehicles.

I believe less than 10% of motoring revenues go back into the road system, meaning that motorists are making a big contribution to the general economy.
Most cyclists are also motorists.
Vehicle drivers are also a huge expense to the economy, in terms of roads themselves and all the other peripherals - not least the cost to the NHS of road accidents, in which cyclists play little part.

Interesting that you seem to think of yourself in the whinging, freeloading minority!

If the cap fits...............

phil.p":2tuncfu1 said:
:) What on earth makes you think Cliff Richard did a good job 40yrs ago?

Fair point :lol:

I think we should write to him and tell him how annoying he is, demand a partial refund of his airplay royalties for bending our ears over the years!

phil.p":2tuncfu1 said:
sorry, Mike - a post appeared inbetween.

No worries, I thought I'd have a stab at defusing a ticking time bomb, probably doomed to failure. In fact come to think of it, one major annoyance is the way any ongoing thread of several pages gets destroyed by selfish posters more interested in tit-for-tat than general conversation. Why can't some people, on both sides, learn when to wind their neck in and leave the majority to get on with it? If you don't like the subject or the other posters go and cut some wood.

Benchwayze":1zhobf7l said:
Dusty":1zhobf7l said:
13 ) old people

Errr, like... ALL old people.

(There's only one alternative to growing old. And either outcome is the destiny of us all. ) 8)

Just so we know where we stand. :wink:

Dont frett , I do not mean old with in over x or y , but the ones who can barely walk to the car then drive off in the middle of the road and can barely see over the dash with little hope of doing an emergency stop with in the same light year .........my ex neighbor had two false hips , could barely walk , had vision problems and partially deaf , yet thought it was fine to carry on driving at a very "senior" age ! peed me right off ........and the ones who drive in the middle of the road at less than two thirds of the speed limit .

phil.p":9nbr23hm said:
Dusty - 11) - did you threaten to shoot the cat or it's owner?

The cat/s ...I would need an elephant gun to shoot the very "lazy" owner !!

funnily enough i have not seen the cats for a while ....must be house cats now i suppose .

I am not in to animal cruelty , I dont believe I should open my garden as a public loo for other peoples animal addiction , if my dog craps on the pavement and I dont clear it up , I get fined , plus i can control my dog and where he goes , but as for cats , they love them so much they open the door , kick them out and worry when they dont come home ...........oh yes that is because they are crapping on my garden .

Sorry all those cat owners out there , but they way I feel ....

John Brown":2nvwcz0p said:
Peter T":2nvwcz0p said:
Whinging, freeloading cyclists who behave as if they own the roads, and the pavements, and the pedestrian areas, yet expect all other road users to pay for the upkeep!
That is wrong on at least two counts.
Firstly, as has been stated several times already in this thread, road tax is not ring-fenced for spending on roads.
Secondly, the majority of those people you see on bicycles(OK, not the little children) also own cars.
In Oregon, it's apparently 90% of bike riders who also own cars, I couldn't find a figure for the UK.
In fact, af all the people I know who ride bicycles, it's more like 98%.
Having said that, I do believe that cyclists should keep off the pavement, indicate, respect traffic lights and zebra crossings, use lights at night and generally obey all the other rules of the road.
So when you see me on a bicycle(or indeed walking), remember that I'm paying the road tax, just like you, even though I'm choosing to use a more environmentally friendly, less damaging to the road and healthier(thus costing the NHS less)mode of transport.

If I get this right , you mean that as you / they tax a car , then they should not have to tax a bike as they have already the tax .....so why do I have to pay two lots for a car and van ....I too can only drive one at a time too ....

Not trying to troll this , just trying to understand things better .

Dusty

Had a run in with a cyclist in August when he veered out of the cycle lane and nearly into my car, then punched the bonnet putting a dent in it. Then cycled off :twisted: :twisted:
Went to cop shop and was given a pathetic Self Reporting form when I wanted to report criminal damage. Wasn't happy with it and asked to speak to the duty Inspector who agreed and made the PCSO take my statement and give me a crime number.

Now, today, while in London I got a phone call from my girlfriend who was in tears and histerical. A guy on a Harley cut her up, to which she sounded the horn at him. She came to a stop at the lights and he got off his bike, walked upto her car and started punching the passenger glass and door causing damage. Witnesses gave her their details as the biker rode off at speed. Again, I came out of London and marched into the police station to file a report of an attack on a lone female driver and causing criminal damage. Only to be given ANOTHER Self Reporting form AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH What the hell are these toy soldiers playing at. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Im now writing an angry letter to the Chief Inspector before I take things into my own hands. I'm so angry as a taxpayer paying for these lazy sods.

Dusty":3kcbg2nh said:
John Brown":3kcbg2nh said:
Peter T":3kcbg2nh said:
Whinging, freeloading cyclists who behave as if they own the roads, and the pavements, and the pedestrian areas, yet expect all other road users to pay for the upkeep!
That is wrong on at least two counts.
Firstly, as has been stated several times already in this thread, road tax is not ring-fenced for spending on roads.
Secondly, the majority of those people you see on bicycles(OK, not the little children) also own cars.
In Oregon, it's apparently 90% of bike riders who also own cars, I couldn't find a figure for the UK.
In fact, af all the people I know who ride bicycles, it's more like 98%.
Having said that, I do believe that cyclists should keep off the pavement, indicate, respect traffic lights and zebra crossings, use lights at night and generally obey all the other rules of the road.
So when you see me on a bicycle(or indeed walking), remember that I'm paying the road tax, just like you, even though I'm choosing to use a more environmentally friendly, less damaging to the road and healthier(thus costing the NHS less)mode of transport.

If I get this right , you mean that as you / they tax a car , then they should not have to tax a bike as they have already the tax .....so why do I have to pay two lots for a car and van ....I too can only drive one at a time too ....

Not trying to troll this , just trying to understand things better .

Dusty
Yes, you have a good point. However, just because the government gets it wrong for you two car owners, does that mean that they should get it wrong for everyone - or does that mean that you should be campaigning to address this unfairness? One of the things that makes me want to scream is when, hiring a car abroad, there is a massive surcharge for additional drivers on the insurance. After all, only one person can be driving at any given time, and the more named drivers, the smaller chance that they are tired.

BTW, I'm not trying to "troll this" either, but it does sometimes seem as though angry motorists assume that no cyclist pays any road tax.

Oh, and see the "firstly" point above!

People who walk along the street texting; eyes glued to their mobile phone, not looking where they are going and expecting everybody else to step out of their way.

Oh yes, and why is it that people insist on pacing up and down when talking on mobiles? It looks ridiculous!

Greedo":3pg7lixg said:
Football commentators and pundits on the telly who say "the Lampards, Terrys, Rooneys, Ronaldos of the world"

ARGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! There is only 1 of each. Why are you using plurals?? Drives me mental.

You pays your money and you makes your choice. Absolute nonsense!

Supermarket checkout girls who can clearly see that you only have one item and ask " Do you need help with your packing?"

Or "Is there anything else?" Yes, I have a pocket full of stolen goods.

And checkout girls at my local branch of Dunelm Mill who always ask "Did you find everything you wanted today?" My last reply was "No, I thought this was a butcher's shop and I couldn't find any sausages." The complete lack of response proves that they are really automatons.

Doctors that charge £152 for signing a death certificate.

Banks that charge £75 for changing the name on a share certificate. (£35 for a signature and £40 ADMIN charge)

Vicars that charge £120 to conduct a thirty minute funeral/cremation service.

And

Booking offices that charge a booking fee??????

Strobe-like editing of films, tv programmes etc.

Filming of cookery programmes, placing the camera so close it's almost inside the cooking utensil (why do they ALL do it?)

Guests on the BBC 'advertising' their latest offerings of books, dvd's, films, etc. etc. etc. (surely that's advertising on the beeb?)

Making a cock-up when I am part way through a box.

I'm going back to bed.
Andy

whiskywill":3tt8hecn said:
newt":3tt8hecn said:
Drivers sorry plonkers with fog lights on when there is no fog

Advertising people who think that fog lights are "sporty" as claimed in a Ford tv ad last year.

I had similar recently when traveling through a local village some you little t..t came around the corner driving only on side lights and his fogs .....i was driving my van so nice and high up ...let him get close enough , bang my lights on full at the last second at a tight spot and watch him smack the curb .......poetic justice .

John Brown .......

I do agree with you re tax and insurance , I can only drive one at the time , common sense applies that you work out the highest insurance required for a number of vehicles you drive and pay that one premium , but it is the insurance parasites .

As for road tax , same really , in my mind NI tax was for the NHS and pension , road tax for the roads , council tax for police , refuse collection etc . But it now appears just to go in one pot and get frittered on rubbish . I pay the same road tax as anyone else in a band C but do not get street lighting ( and dont want it ) , dont get drain clearance , dont get potholes filled ( i did the last one after the council did not show for 6 weeks after they marked it out themselves , never see a copper down here , and i mean it ........

was in london today aswell and have to agree , nothing personal to cyclist and motor cyclists but bloody hell , talk about death wish's lol ...madness

Latest posts

Back