Things that give you an irrational amount of rage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
henton49er":3dejdehj said:
OK, how many do you want:-

4. cutting the pointy end of a piece of cheese (brie for example)

Hm, i used too have a cheesy annoyance....had a thing about cutting a block of cheese square and straight, got over it mostly now.
Same with lampshades, had square lampshades in our bedroom for a bit. I couldn't go to sleep if they didn't look square on to the walls, I would get out of bed and straighten them if i noticed. :oops:

Got round ones now :wink:

My top 5

1) People who are late.

2) Indoor clothes airers. I think everyone we have owned has met its demise during a fit of rage!

3) People that stand too close, either whilst talking to you or lining up for something.

4) Just about anything that doesn't work as its supposed to.

5) Our kids!

Politicians that have never done anything in life except politics. (Some of the ones who have done other things annoy me too, but not as much as the know-nothings.)

RogerS":23blrtbg said:
No-win-no-fee parasites

BIG +1, and especially the people who use them. One person in particular.

And peepol hoo dont yoos spiell chekker.

Greedo":2ba4a68p said:
1. People standing in a queue for the cashline and then when they get to the front spending another while fishing about in their bag for their card!!

2. Waiters coming up and asking you more than once is everything alright with your meal. (same guy came up and asked us 5 times last night)

My stock reply to No 2 question is a smile and, 'You'd have known by now if it wasn't.' It usually works.

People that park next to a fuel pump and don't buy fuel.

+1 Fog lights when no fog.

Over bright low beam headlights in my rear view mirror.

Bricklayers. (some)

what really gets my goat, is mainly car/van drivers who don't use their indicator lamps letting me know their going to turn l or r.\
especially when I am directly behind them at a set of lights grrrrrrrr.

K

houtslager said:
what really gets my goat, is mainly car/van drivers who don't use their indicator lamps letting me know their going to turn l or r.\
especially when I am directly behind them at a set of lights grrrrrrrr.

I worked with an old chippie years ago, and one day there were three of us in his car -------"you don't signal then, Ivor?" my friend said. "Nope" said Ivor "It's got f. a. to do with anyone else where I'm going."

Unnecessary political correctness.

Recently I read the word "personkind" and it took a moment for me to realise it meant mankind.
So I take it you gain access to drains through a personhole cover?

Mark

mark aspin":199vuz8s said:
Unnecessary political correctness.

Recently I read the word "personkind" and it took a moment for me to realise it meant mankind.
So I take it you gain access to drains through a personhole cover?

Mark

Can you imagine Nelson ordering, 'Person the Guns'! :D

One thing that does get my goat is the fact that cyclists get away with not having to contribute to the upkeep of the roads; waltzing through red traffic lights; thus breaking the law, and not being legally required to have third-party Insurance. The way some of them ride, it would behove them. 8)

Benchwayze":3r641qvl said:
One thing that does get my goat is the fact that cyclists get away with not having to contribute to the upkeep of the roads;
Oh yes we do - just the same as everybody else. People are always trotting out this bit of nonsense. We pay taxes!
NB As cyclists our actual cost in terms of road provision and maintenance is very small compared to motor vehicles. I think we should get a rebate of some sort.
waltzing through red traffic lights; thus breaking the law,
Cyclists are no different from motorists in this respect - except that by and large they are not risking anyone elses life by misbehaviour, only their own
. and not being legally required to have third-party Insurance.
They aren't a threat to third parties, on the whole. No doubt there is the occasional incident but it's not really an issue, as it certainly is with motorists.

People using coy expressions on forums like "that well know auction house", "e*b*" etc. For goodness sake just write eBay?

Jacob":3ogbw3wj said:
Benchwayze":3ogbw3wj said:
One thing that does get my goat is the fact that cyclists get away with not having to contribute to the upkeep of the roads;
Oh yes we do - just the same as everybody else. People are always trotting out this bit of nonsense. We pay taxes!
NB As cyclists our actual cost in terms of road provision and maintenance is very small compared to motor vehicles. I think we should get a rebate of some sort.
Cyclists are no different from motorists in this respect - except that by and large they are not risking anyone elses life by misbehaviour, only their own
They aren't a threat to third parties, on the whole. No doubt there is the occasional incident but it's not really an issue, as it certainly is with motorists.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you were a trout Jacob, you'd never live to be a 'one-pounder'! 8)

maltrout512":26q82u1o said:
People who drag their heels when walking. Lift your feet up :evil:

+1 - annoys the pants off me!

- drivers who join the motorway from a slip road at 50mph
- middle lane hoggers, driving past large displays overhead saying "Don't Hog the middle lane". Dense pineapples.
- drivers at lights who, when it goes green, must check the mirror, put it in gear, disengage the handrake, check the mirror, make sure the wipers are on if necessary, no pedestrians in the way, at least a 100ft gap between them and the car that has gone thru the lights & guess what? Lights gone red again.

Better go, as this could just carry on all day. :roll:

Dibs

Jacob":3i4vg3sm said:

"Sod pedestrians" said a lycra-clad Jacob, charging across the red light and knocking over an elderly lady crossing the road.

In no particular order:
People who write "loose" when they mean "lose".
Drivers who don't indicate, and who can't turn right without cutting the corner off.
Poems or song lyrics that almost-but-don't-quite rhyme.
Drivers who don't turn their headlights on in bad visibility.
Drivers who tailgate.
People who have to have a big SUV just to drop their kids off at school.
Cyclist who don't stop at red lights or pedestrian crossings.
Being covered in marmalade and then wrapped in cotton wool.
People who say "I'll touch base with you at the back end of next week".
People who use the word "fulsome".
People who eat peppermint and puff it in your face.
Politicians.
Microsoft.
Russell Brand(naturally).

It's scary how much of this thread relates to road usage.

Latest posts

Back