Things that give you an irrational amount of rage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shop assistants who approach with a vacant look and with a vacant, singsong voice, ask;

'Are you alright?'

My usual answer is, 'Yes, I am fine, how are you?' - Usually sends them into a tailspin

Blokes who have stupid haircuts, wear pink T-shirts with painfully tight trousers and use beauty products.

Well , where do I start

1) Chavs ........get a belt and pull your trousers up ( my bro in law )
2) Snobs ........ You were just lucky ,but still human ( mother in law )
3 ) boys with overly long hair ( other bro in law )
4 ) people who talk all wet and whimsy ( sister )
5 ) people who are always right ( dad )
6 ) people who only call when they want something ( sister )
7 ) people who waste money and go bankrupt ( bro )
8 ) people who just talk no stop about themselves ( 2nd mother in law )
9 ) people who spit

10 ) people that work for the government and steel money and then when there is an inquiry , go off work with stress and then when found guilty of deceit by fraudulent time keeping , do nothing but complain ! ( my neighbor )
11) people who thinks it ok for their bloody cats to take a dump on my lawn and flower beds and that when i threaten to shoot them as I am sick of my daughter coming down to the house with cats mess on her hands , they get all funny and wont talk to me anymore LOL . The picture was priceless ," you would not dare " ........"oh yes I would " ! ( neighbor )
12 ) people who think it is their right to populate this planet with ignorant UN-educated children , when they have no job themselves ( neighbor )
13 ) old people and 4 x4 owners who drive in the middle of the road and expect me to put my van in the hedge , especialy so they wont get their lovely 50 grand 4x4 dirty .....thats why I love playing chicken .....they all move over eventually .
14 ) People who move to the country from the big smoke and talk to you like your an silly person . ( neighbor )
15 ) Johnathon Ross
16 ) Adverts ......especially the ones with false acting and people like davina mccall
17 ) Ebay fees
18 ) Traffic in london and the congestion fee's
19 ) people who complain about being fat and do nothing except watch tv all day and eat junk
20 ) people who say " my , you have lost weight " expecting a return compliment ...........like , yeah , I gave it to you !

That enough , I feel better now

Dibs-h":3eh82nqj said:
- drivers who join the motorway from a slip road at 50mph
- middle lane hoggers, driving past large displays overhead saying "Don't Hog the middle lane". Dense pineapples.
- drivers at lights who, when it goes green, must check the mirror, put it in gear, disengage the handrake, check the mirror, make sure the wipers are on if necessary, no pedestrians in the way, at least a 100ft gap between them and the car that has gone thru the lights & guess what? Lights gone red again.
Dibs

People who don't leave enough time for their journey and then moan at every other road user.... like they own the road.

doorframe":20cyr832 said:
Dibs-h":20cyr832 said:
- middle lane hoggers, driving past large displays overhead saying "Don't Hog the middle lane". Dense pineapples.
- drivers at lights who, when it goes green, must check the mirror, put it in gear, disengage the handrake, check the mirror, make sure the wipers are on if necessary, no pedestrians in the way, at least a 100ft gap between them and the car that has gone thru the lights & guess what? Lights gone red again.
Dibs

People who don't leave enough time for their journey and then moan at every other road user.... like they own the road.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Spot on.

Dusty":14wp397s said:
13 ) old people

Errr, like... ALL old people.

(There's only one alternative to growing old. And either outcome is the destiny of us all. ) 8)

Just so we know where we stand. :wink:

phil.p":2fug8ptp said:
People who, for one one reason or another cannot cross the road quickly, insist on crossing it diagonally.
Yeah barsterds!

People who go half way across the road diagonally then change their minds and go back in a figure of eight movement. :roll:

doorframe":2enpldxm said:
Dibs-h":2enpldxm said:
Dibs

Don't confuse my getting annoyed with "Mr\Ms\Mrs I have enough time in the world to move from the lights" with not leaving enough time for my journey. :wink:

Dibs

Hi everyone,
wow, this thread has really spawned some replies. Have you guys noticed that nearly ALL the things that cause annoyance are actually PEOPLE, and a considerable number of those complaints are about road users.

Do these annoying motorists (or other people) realise that they are causing a build up of rage? Are they completely oblivious to other planet Earth dwellers? Perhaps they really are oblivious, which is bad enough. What's worse is if they actually KNOW they are causing annoyance / irritation / rage but just carry on anyway - 'sod everyone else, I'm what's important in my life' syndrome

I'm feel really fortunate to be
(a) retired.
(b) living in the Welsh countryside with very few neighbours
(c) not incited to an irrational amount of rage by most of the things mentioned in this thread - although my laptop can be very frustrating at times (especially when unwanted 'things' get downloaded without my knowledge.

I think that's enough drivel for now.

Jacob":1xd4mox9 said:
phil.p":1xd4mox9 said:
People who, for one one reason or another cannot cross the road quickly, insist on crossing it diagonally.
Yeah barsterds!

People who go half way across the road diagonally then change their minds and go back in a figure of eight movement. :roll:
It occurred to me that someone might take the above seriously - it's not so different from other posts.
Supposed to be a joke. :lol:
These moany threads are pathetic IMHO and just appeal to Daily Mail readers - poor things!

The biggest moaners seems to be car drivers. I think they should keep off the roads if they find it so disturbing. They wouldn't be missed.

1/ Daily Mail readers :evil:
2/ People who berate a thread's worth while making contributions to it :wink:

Whinging, freeloading cyclists who behave as if they own the roads, and the pavements, and the pedestrian areas, yet expect all other road users to pay for the upkeep!

monkeybiter":189ao9gg said:
1/ Daily Mail readers :evil:
2/ People who berate a thread's worth while making contributions to it :wink:

Yeah - I especially hate that second type.

BugBear

Following up my previous entry here, I've just thought of three things that do annoy me.

Firstly, trying to get a competitive quote for car insurance - what a palaver. Then when you check the reviews of these companies you read horror stories of the most appalling customer treatment, so you go back and check out the next company, with the same result.

Secondly, cheap tools - especially those advertised as being of decent quality when they're really not fit for anything but the bin. I try to stay away from these now, having learnt from bitter experience.

Thirdly - making stupid, Stupid, STUPID mistakes when I'm woodworking. And I can't even blame it on the cheap tools - it's ME. How on earth it happens I simply don't know, but I can't count the number of times I've got things wrong (despite the 'measure twice, cut once ' attitude).

At least car insurance only gives me hassle once a year. If only my woodworking b***s-ups were as infrequent!!

Peter T":2lm8o7q8 said:
Whinging, freeloading cyclists who behave as if they own the roads, and the pavements, and the pedestrian areas, yet expect all other road users to pay for the upkeep!
That is wrong on at least two counts.
Firstly, as has been stated several times already in this thread, road tax is not ring-fenced for spending on roads.
Secondly, the majority of those people you see on bicycles(OK, not the little children) also own cars.
In Oregon, it's apparently 90% of bike riders who also own cars, I couldn't find a figure for the UK.
In fact, af all the people I know who ride bicycles, it's more like 98%.
Having said that, I do believe that cyclists should keep off the pavement, indicate, respect traffic lights and zebra crossings, use lights at night and generally obey all the other rules of the road.
So when you see me on a bicycle(or indeed walking), remember that I'm paying the road tax, just like you, even though I'm choosing to use a more environmentally friendly, less damaging to the road and healthier(thus costing the NHS less)mode of transport.

Cyclists should have a cycle lane tax hehe.

People that say you can't put a square peg in a round hole. Yes you can. If the square peg is small enough or the hammer is big enough, it will go through the round hole.

John Brown":1rvevv14 said:
Peter T":1rvevv14 said:
That is wrong on at least two counts.
Firstly, as has been stated several times already in this thread, road tax is not ring-fenced for spending on roads.
Secondly, the majority of those people you see on bicycles(OK, not the little children) also own cars.
In Oregon, it's apparently 90% of bike riders who also own cars, I couldn't find a figure for the UK.
In fact, af all the people I know who ride bicycles, it's more like 98%.
Having said that, I do believe that cyclists should keep off the pavement, indicate, respect traffic lights and zebra crossings, use lights at night and generally obey all the other rules of the road.
So when you see me on a bicycle(or indeed walking), remember that I'm paying the road tax, just like you, even though I'm choosing to use a more environmentally friendly, less damaging to the road and healthier(thus costing the NHS less)mode of transport.

On the first point, you are absolutely right. I believe less than 10% of motoring revenues go back into the road system, meaning that motorists are making a big contribution to the general economy.

On the second point, I have no doubt whatsoever that the vast majority of cyclists are also motorists and, as such, use the road system in a responsible manner. There seem to be, however, a small minority of whinging, freeloading cyclists who have no respect for other road users or pedestrians and who contribute nothing to the system.

Back