Thicknesser adjustment after slipped chain.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.Badger

Reaction score
I have a perform pt260 planer thicknesser (same as metabo/record power 260) and i want to know the correct process of how to adjust the thicknesser bed (not the planer beds). The chain that drives the four "pilar screws" that raise and lower the thicknesser bed came off, i got that reattached but now the screws are out of sync so to speak, they moved from their original position so now the bed may not be level relative to the knives. I have looked all over but all I can find is how to adjust the planer beds. The only method I have at the moment is to slacken the chain and turn individual pilar screw by one sprocket tooth/chain link and reattach the chain. I can only measure against the knives in one axis so i can get the "roll" right but not the "pitch".

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stu

Nightmare!

I can only suggest getting a spirit level, setting the machine absolutely level using the outfeed table as a reference, and then using the level to get to thicknesser bed level too. That can never be more than approximate, though.

If you wind the table down to the very bottom, would the individual screws all stop in the same place? In other words, use the bottom of each screw as the reference. I dunno.............I'm just guessing.

Record Powers technical boys are very helpful - might be worth a shot, just pretend you've a PT260.

Otherwise.....
1) clamp dead parallel block to table in centre
2) Wind table up until its about to hit the rollers
3) Measure gap fore/aft
4) Wind up individual screws to make gap even
5) Tighten chain
6) Test/repeat until all will to live has departed and buy a new machine justifying it on some totally fictitous pretext.

Above procedure is just a guess apart from the final step which always works for me; although it is a pricey option.

Latest posts

Back